Head of Legal Affairs
Mumbai , IndiaREQ ID JR19-11098 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony PicturesEntertainment is looking for aHead ofLegalAffairsto join our team.
Theposition will focus primarily on transactions to produce,distribute and acquireproduct for SonyPicturesInternationalProductionsthroughouttheworld in Englishand in local languages. Thisattorney will workcloselywithseniorbusiness and financeexecutivesworldwidetostructure,negotiate,document and administerproduction,co-production,financeand licenseagreements for bothmotionpictureand television productions.
- Prepare agreementsforallfacets of motion pictureand television production anddevelopment, including licenseagreements,above-the-lineagreements,optionand literary purchaseagreements, production servicesagreements,production placement and promotion,assignments,releases,contingent compensation definitions,composeragreements,andsettlement agreements.
- Provide businessand legal services,including negotiation and review of contractualobligationsand options,copyrights,contractadministration, etc. including reviewing agreements in connection with talent rightsand clearances, and draftsappropriatecontractsto acquirerights or provideassistancetolicensees or thirdparties, as appropriate, to acquiresuch rights.
- Negotiate and draftintellectualproperty licenses and provideslegaladviceand counseltobusinessdevelopmentexecutivesregarding licenseterms.Advise financeandmarketing teamsregarding brand approvals,productplacement and otherlicenserequirements.
- Negotiate and draftstandard formcontracts,such astalentagreements,andotherdocuments.
- Research and preparenecessarybackground information forlitigation preparation.
- Research and answerinquiriesregarding contracts,privacyrights,copyrightlaws,internationalsubsidies and tax credits,scriptclearances,guild requirements, and other legal matters.
- Structure and draftjointventure,co-production,outputand co-ventureagreements as appropriate.
- Create and updateform agreements.
- Supervise outsidecounsel,paralegaland clerical subordinates in the performance of legal- related tasks.
- Perform other relatedduties as assigned.
- JurisDoctorate(JD)froman accreditedinstitution.
- Minimum 7 years’experience in entertainment law (transactional) and preferably with motion pictureand television production,financeand acquisitionsexperience.
- Musthaveexcellent negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of interactivesoftwaremarket/entertainmentindustryrequired.
- Mustbecomputerliterateand proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Excellentcommunication skills(bothwritten and oral) as well as provenabilityto work with creativeandcorporatepersonnel.
- Additionallanguageskills a plus.
- May berequiredtotravel.
SonyPicturesEntertainment is an equalopportunity employer.Weevaluatequalified applicantswithoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, nationalorigin,disability, veteran status,age,sexualorientation,genderidentity,orotherprotected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."