Finance & Accounting Intern, Sony Pictures Television - Spring 2020
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11592 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongsidethe teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring Internship is from January through end of May and all candidates must be able to work between 15-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).
Network Finance is part of Sony Pictures Television and have 80+ fully operated domestic and international channels in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa. Networks Finance is responsible for budget/forecast and month end close, consolidating all financial information from all networks channels for financial and management reporting.
The Finance & Accounting intern will have the opportunity to be part of Networks’ finance and accounting group . The Finance and accounting intern will have the opportunity to learn about month and year end accounting close process and will participate in on-going special projects.
Opportunity to be part of Networks’ finance and accounting group . The Finance and accounting intern will have the opportunity to learn about month and year end accounting close process and will participate in on-going special projects.
- SAP R/3 and Business Warehouse System/Reporting which are used by many entertainment companies
- Month end close process of International Networks (Balance Sheet, PL, Cash Flow, JE’s)
- Ad hoc reporting & projects
- SOX & audit documentations and record requirement
- Preparation of quarter and year end schedules and corporate forms which are the basis for business performance analysis and financial statement disclosures
- Strong Excel skills
- A self-starter able to receive feedback
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple requests and projects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within a structured team
- Interested in the accounting field
- Undergrad student majoring in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours highly preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."