Sr. Manager of Media Systems
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10028 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
We are a future focused team with core responsibilities in identifying innovation, implementing change, and sustaining efficiency through the automation of data & workflow processes in support of Sony’s supply chain (from title creation to customer delivery).
The Sr. Manager of media systems and workflow will act as the primary resource for customer needs analysis, demonstrations and technical scoping tasks, and will assist in supporting existing business partners on internal projects. The candidate must be technically oriented with strong communication and organization skills along with the drive complete projects successfully. The manager will work hand in hand with internal sales, services and development teams.
- Answer technical and functional questions for internal colleagues
- Perform requirements and workflow analyses to accurately understand and document project requirements and challenges
- Support data analysis, mapping, migration and cleanup tasks on a hands-on basis
- Assist in preparing and delivering various demonstrations and presentations
- Support product and project management activities for our ongoing software R&D projects
- 3-5 years of media engineering experience
- 2-3 years of experience with digital media technologies
- Enterprise level experience as a Solutions Consultant/Sales Engineer/Implementation Consultant strongly preferred
- Prior experience with asset management software/processes a major plus.
- BS in Business Administration or similar field preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Visio
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Ability to utilize corporate reporting, business intelligence and analytics tools
- Experience entering, parsing, validating, and analyzing data
- Superior ability to generate original correspondence and performance scorecards
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects
- Self-starter willing to work autonomously on process and technology research for presenting and informing applicable teammates with findings
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills (including ability to multi-task and adapt)
- Ability to teach and learn new concepts
- Experience in interacting with international clients and/or team members
- Familiarity with SPE inventory, knowledge of technical media terminology preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."