Senior Software Engineer (Mobile Applications), Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10165 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for Senior Software Engineer Mobile to join our growing Engineering and technology team.
- Develop complex, consumer-facing applications for the Apple and Android platforms
- Work closely with front end product managers, delivery managers, solutions architects and other front end and back end software developers
- Maintain development team competitiveness in the device applications field by staying current on techniques, tools, and ecosystem, especially as it relates to iOS & Android
- Review existing iOS and Android device client codebases and improve or make recommendations for improving them
- Serve as the go to Mobile application technical resource for IOS and Android
- Stay current on the latest mobile app technologies.
- Collaborate and lead other vendor/off-shore app development team ensuring all efforts are adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or five years of applicable experience, especially with Video, high-volume platform/software environments and platform development in a media/entertainment-related role
- Minimum 4years of iOS/Android development Experience
- Carthage, CocoaPods, build experience
- Media playback with AVPlayerViewController experience
- Swift, Objective C, C++ where needed, frameworks experience
- Rest API consumption using Json experience
- Familiarity with background threading and best practices
- Knowledge of crashlytics integration and review
- Familiarity and working experience with agile development methodologies
- Audio/video streaming experience; e.g. AVPlayer
- Familiarity with Push using UserNotifications
- Familiarity with Git branching and source code control
- Familiarity with Concurrency management with NSOperationQueue
- Familiarity with Device location services with CLLocationManager
- Familiarity with WKWebView/UIWebView to show HTML/JS frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Demonstrated ability to document code as needed
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."