Toronto , CanadaREQ ID JR20-10532 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Distribution is one of the industry’s leading content providers. It distributes programming in every genre, including series, telefilms, theatrical releases and family entertainment around the world and for every platform: broadcast and cable television, first-run and off-network syndication and digital distribution.
- Reports directly to the VP – Financial Planning and Analysis and manages a Sr. Financial Analyst
- Oversee the preparation of the financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and MRP functions with focus on full territory income statement and cash flow, providing financial analysis of market driver and impacts including foreign exchange analysis. Develop and maintain strong relationships with Non-Finance executives to ensure their financial support needs are met. Prepare financial presentations.
- Lead or directly support operating management with ad hoc financial, market and trend analyses to capitalize on strategic initiatives
- Develop global planning models and tools for use in all regions
- Track performance relative to budgets and forecasts. Review actual results and concisely explain variances against budgets and forecasts based on market and key product categories. Liaise with accounting team to improve availability and flow of information. Assist with the preparation of the monthly/quarterly Sr. Executive financial results presentations and participate in executive review meetings.
- Develop team members’ careers and professional development.
- Drive continual improvement in budget and forecasting processes. Develop and refine reports that provide actionable insight into the levers of the business
- Ensure compliance to local and US GAAP, IFRS & SOX. Adhere to company policy and internal controls.
- Liaise with Global Tax groups, Payroll, Treasury and assist with local audit and tax issues.
- 10+ years Distribution Finance experience is required, most in Entertainment Industry / Media experience required, Television and Home Entertainment preferred.
- 5+ years Management experience is required, including managing, developing and leading staff .
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required. MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Excellent communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals.
- Exceptional financial (primarily Excel) modeling skills
- Experience in development of global IT planning systems preferred
- Clear understanding of TV Distribution license agreements.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication, and executive meeting presence, and is able to communicate effectively with senior operational and financial management.
- Windows, Essbase, Excel, Word, SAP, and PowerPoint
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."