Analyst Content Performance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-10616 Apply View Saved Jobs
SPT is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing, and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows, and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly-owned and joint-venture production companies across the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (“SPE”) Company, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
SPT’s Research team works in a consultative manner with Senior Executives and with Content, Strategy, and Marketing Leaders to deliver content insights that inspire creative development, content strategy, and marketing. Our role is to elevate the voice of the consumer and to provide a deep 360 understanding of their content needs. Our team is the expert on the entertainment marketplace, commissioning trends, customer needs, and audience tastes.
The Analyst, Content Performance will utilize viewership numbers, syndicated research, and SPT propriety data to help inform creative and corporate strategy. They will help build and curate new data systems and capabilities to enable insightful market analysis. In addition, the Analyst will support current titles from SPT’s slate, tracking ratings performance while also delivering critical analysis and impactful data to inform a wide range of strategic decisions. This role is part of a holistic team that supports the development and production of content across all platforms of television (Broadcast, Cable, Syndication, SVOD and AVOD), and will play a meaningful role in the development of SPT’s content slate.
- Produce regular reporting and create additional custom analyses as necessary for SPT across Scripted, Nonfiction, Game Shows, and Kids series
- Create and maintain content performance trackers for the TV landscape
- Collect, consolidate, and analyze data from multiple sources (audience measurement, syndicated, primary, etc.) into a cohesive story, enabling stakeholders to make data-informed decisions
- Analyze and turn data and insights into actionable recommendations, then present and socialize findings throughout the organization
- Build strong partnerships and collaborate with teams across SPT to support the pick-up, maintenance, and renewal of SPT titles.
- Maintain a familiarity with industry marketplace trends (commissioning forecasts, market-wide genre trends, network audience segments)
- Enrich and validate multiple data sources to maintain data quality and support the production of new reports and dashboards
- 1+ year professional experience in media and entertainment research
- Passion for all forms of television and content, and a foundational knowledge of TV landscape, including linear networks, digital platforms, and emerging media platforms
- Experience with Nielsen Ratings (NNTV, NPower, SVOD Content Ratings, Total Content Ratings), Ad Intel, Fast Affiliates; experience with Luminate, Studio Systems and Ampere are a plus
- Experience working with large data sets
- Proficiency with analytical tools like Tableau and in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Able to distill and effectively communicate complex information clearly and concisely
- Exceptional organization, time management, and project management skills
- Confident presence – strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Flexible, collaborative personality, quick learner, and strong, proactive work ethic
- Skilled at data visualization and creating impactful presentations and deliverables
- Advanced writing skills and ability to synthesize information and tell stories with data
- Self-starter with passion, energy, and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the fields of Marketing, Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Data Sciences, or related fields
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”