Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11709 Apply View Saved Jobs
Process payroll for all USA and Canada-based employees of Sony Pictures Entertainment. This includes but is not limited to processing employee indicative data that is interfaced from HR to Payroll systems well as management of the time tracking and hours to gross calculation process. Must be able to demonstrate initiative and an ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines. The analyst is also responsible for auditing and review the gross to net calculations must be able to cover the duties of team members when necessary and will work with the Payroll Systems group on defect and enhancement identification.
- Process all workday employee indicative data changes and payroll input employee changes including but not limited to hiring, termination, pay rate changes, job changes, default labor changes, hierarchy changes, banking updates, and tax elections.
- Audit timecard entry. This includes reviewing time tracking, time off tracking, labor splitting, and any retro changes in Ultimate Time & Attendance (UTA). Using business intelligence reporting tools to analyze and address incorrect or incomplete data
- Review and correct hours to gross data once exported from UTA prior to load into UKG Pro.
- Process manual and exception payments using the GOAT template uploaded to UKG Pro.
- Using systems-based reports and controls to validate gross to net calculations on precheck based payroll calculations and make modifications to complete and/or correct data.
- Auditing other analysts’ work on exception payments.
- Special Projects (including but not limited to contract changes, process changes, audit, etc.)
- Education: AA/AS/BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Technically proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel), Payroll, Human Resources or Accounting experience a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”