Culver City | Req ID: JR22-11347
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
The Application Lead – Sr- Developer is accountable for solving all the technology aspects of a software development project so that the end product meets the business and technology requirements and is delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Organizing and leading internal and external resources to solve the technical challenges of a software project including the overall architecture of the desired system
- Level 3 and/or 4 oversight and management of incident and problem resolution
- Leading selection/development and implementation of innovative, technology-based solutions that will result in a reliable, flexible, coherent, and cost-effective global technology-based services and platforms for the benefit of all SPE businesses worldwide
- Develop enterprise solutions and business application systems according to the SPE IT technology policies and standards that meet the processing and information needs of clients (internal and/or external) and implement them on–time and on-budget
- Track record for delivering quality solutions and meeting customer satisfaction measures
- Experienced in the technology platforms and solutions and in the applications layer with a proven track record for delivering business application systems on-time, on-budget, and functionally on-target
- Experienced in translating business processes into technical specifications and in developing prototypes and in launching pilot tests
- Typically, 6+ years of IT work experience, and 4+ years in the IT Software Engineering disciplines
Key outputs include:
- High- and low-level design documents and technical specifications for development and enhancement work efforts
- Quality code deliverables
- Problem Management & Root cause analyses
- Contributions to the business continuity planning and disaster recovery planning
- Interact with Business Users/Product Owners to understand requirements and convert that into working software under the architectural guidance.
- Analyze defects identified during QA cycle, determine root cause, identify short term and long-term fix and implement the same.
- Perform code reviews of other team members and provide guidance on application of design patterns, unit tests and code quality, recommend best technology
- Work closely with the business and IT teams in design discussions, reviews, and test cycles.
- Identify effective technical solutions, identify the best frameworks for business problems, identify risks and constraints of alternate solutions and technologies.
- Identify reasons for performance issues in the application and suggest, implement, and/or refactor to alternative better implementation approach.
SPE requires an individual having mastered Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, JEE6, and be able to develop Java-based web applications using designs and architectures which scale and provide business quick IT turn arounds. Furthermore, as an enterprise has existing legacy applications and databases and companies need to continue to use them while adding or migrating to a new set of applications, the Application Lead needs to possess the expertise to continue to develop new applications, seeing how existing applications fit into the new model, and then devising ways to efficiently incorporate existing data while adding new applications and data. Additionally, the Application Lead is frequently entrusted with modifying applications. Furthermore, these advanced job duties require extensive knowledge and hands-on development experience with both enterprise-level software development and deployments and with the fast-paced and rapidly evolving IT applications.
Due to the highly complex nature of our computer systems and applications needs, the ability for SPE to retain the services of a Subject Matter Expert to fill the specialty occupation of Application Lead at SPE requires a highly specialized computer software engineering and application development candidate with advanced technical knowledge and hands-on experience in below listed modern technologies
o Angular 2+ with typescript
o Spring stack including Spring Boot (additionally Spring cloud would be good)
o Oracle 11g +, Oracle PL/SQL (for supporting legacy applications)
o NoSQL Db experience (Document store like MongoDB, Marklogic)
o Java 8 using streams, lambda functions
o ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka or any other messaging mechanism
o Source code versioning tools Git & Maven (Git preferred)
o REST services and Swagger documentation
o Images and Docker containers
o Knowledge of AWS Services principles and commercial strategiesThe anticipated base salary for this position is $120,000 to $150,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.