Assoc Mgr, Licensing and Merchandising, Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10077 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation is looking for a Licensing & Merchandising Associate Manager to join our team. We are looking for a motivated individual to help grow our global licensing and merchandise business. You will be responsible for assisting Licensing Managers in driving licensing revenue, and growing market share for our brands across multiple categories.
You will help execute business goals and retail/marketing opportunities for key brands and partners across sublicensees, retailers and licensors.
The ideal candidate will be able to think both analytically and creatively, have a background in consumer products, retail and/or licensing. This person will work closely with and collaborate with the Licensing product development team, as well as cross-functional groups including marketing, finance, and home entertainment. The Licensing Associate Manager will also work with licensors and licensees to align on creative design and product development. Associate Manager will report into the Licensing Manager.
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. The company’s next generation streaming service, Funimation, provides subscribers with instant access to their favorite sub and dub shows in ad-free HD on the widest array of devices and platforms – from smartphones and tablets to TV’s and gaming consoles.
Core Responsibilities Of This Position Include:
- Support Licensing Managers in day to day operations to maintain and grow licensing business
- Assist in maintaining revenue forecasts, monitoring partner payment compliance, and royalty report management
- Manage licensing business documents, process and records including contract administration, rights management, sublicensee lists, and product release calendars
- Assist in product development and identifying product opportunities for titles
- Communicates with licensees and licensors and act as key point of contact
- Manage asset delivery and contract administration for sublicensees
- Assist in brainstorming retail and other marketing tactics that build awareness and drive sell through at retail
- Support development of presentations including research, design, formatting, and chart creation in PowerPoint
- Research and understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements For This Position Include:
- Computer Proficient: Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel; Photoshop a plus
- Completed 4-year college degree
- 2-3 years of related experience - consumer products, licensing, retail
- Interest in retail and products
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize
- Initiative and Highly Motivated - has an entrepreneurial spirit and goal oriented
- Ability to ingest, manipulate and analyze financial data in Excel
- Highly organized with strong follow through and time management skills
- Energy Level: Positive energy level and enthusiasm for the position. Must have the willingness to learn and improve.
- Must be flexible to change, a creative thinker and problem solver, and accustomed to working in teams as well as an individual contributor
- Ability to anticipate issues, be proactive and problem solve
- Excellent and professional communication skills (spoken and written)
- Familiar with pop culture and entertainment; interest/passion for anime a plus
- Console and mobile gaming interest a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."