Associate Business Analyst
Culver City | Req ID: JR23-11195
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
We are seeking a ServiceNow Associate Business Analyst to join the Corporate IT, Digital Workflow Management Services team. This team supports the SPE ServiceNow application and is responsible for partnering with our business groups to strategically develop/enhance the platform to meet business needs. The Analyst will work with various business stakeholders to collect and document requirements and work with our development team to oversees the development lifecycle.
- Demand Delivery: Produce user stories, Scrum artifacts and manage demand backlogs. Oversee functional requirements and development lifecycle. Maintain communication with Stakeholders.
- Requirements Gathering: Collect and document business requirements from Business stakeholders within the organization. This includes understanding the current processes, pain points, and desired outcomes.
- Process Analysis: Analyze existing business processes and identify areas for improvement or automation using ServiceNow. This involves mapping out current workflows, data flows, and dependencies.
- Solution Deesign: Collaborate with technical teams to design solutions to meet business requirements. This involves creating proposed state applications, workflows, form designs, and integrations.
- Documentation: Create User Stories with detailed acceptance criteria in accordance with agile best practice. Maintain detailed documentation of configuration, processes, and requirements for future reference and audits.
- Testing and Quality Assurance: Ensure that the developed solutions meet the specified requirements and work as intended. Participate in various testing cycles in the Agile process including unit, system integration and user acceptance testing. Perform various Application testing includes - Unit testing, Acceptance testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing and Automation review.
- Agile Framework: Take part in internal daily standup, prioritization, and backlog grooming.
- Change Management: Help manage the change process when implementing new solutions. Create release notes, training materials and ensure stakeholders are informed and prepared for the changes.
- Data Analysis: Perform various data analysis to support business operations including data cleansing, data import/export, and report building
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of IT work experience
- 1 year of experience in functional IT discipline
- 1 year of of managerial experience
- ITIL V4 Foundation and/or ServiceNow System Admin certified would-be a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.