AVOD Channel Manager
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-11088 Apply View Saved Jobs
AVOD Channel Manager-YouTube, Facebook & Instagram
Sony Pictures Entertainment
At Sony Pictures Entertainment, our mission is to meet audiences where they are and drive awareness, engagement and fandom across our rich and diverse movie and TV content portfolio.
We are looking for a creative and strategic Channel Manager to help us grow our owned and operated network of channels and pages across YouTube, Facebook, and other audience-facing platforms. Help us reach new audiences in innovative ways via Sony Picture’s worldwide, multi-platform digital network.
This role will focus on building channels and pages -- from ideation, to launch, to day-to-day ongoing curation and maintenance. You will interface with multiple stakeholders across the studio, oversee outside vendors, and liaise with representatives from online platforms. You will work hand-in-hand with our strategy, marketing, and analytics teams to find opportunities to launch new channels, optimize existing ones, and create tentpole moments that drive new audiences into our network. You will track the latest platform and market trends and steer our content curation to maximize reach and meet our audiences where they congregate.
You will become part of a nimble, fast-paced content programming team, focused on driving commercial and consumer growth across the network as it expands. We are always evolving, always learning, and extremely passionate about film, television, and what’s next for digital video.
CHANNEL STRATEGY, PROGRAMMING, LAUNCH & ONGOING MANAGEMENT & CURATION
- Define the analytical rational to support the launch of new channels and pages, evaluate new opportunities for channels across the studio repertoire of content
- Responsible for a portfolio of channels, audience reach and engagement
- Compose strategy briefs and shape programming schedules to ensure consistent channel voice and curation cadence
- Work with content supply, distribution, and legal teams to determine content availability and usage parameters
- Work cross-functionally with marketing teams and vendors to create and curate posts and calendars
- Plan out and execute activations and events to acquire audiences and drive engagement
- Manage audience amplification strategy and implementation across platforms. Important to understand how audiences act differently across platforms.
- Interface with stakeholders across the studio to find opportunities for collaboration
PERFORMANCE TRACKING & ANALYSIS
- Work in tandem with analytics team to monitor activity and trends
- Provide regular reporting on channel performance and understand what is driving engagement and demand for our content
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of digital media experience
- Commercial Marketing experience required managing a P&L or Marketing Budgets
- Experience and interest in digital advertising trends, new technologies and media industry
- Experience with content curation on social media and video platforms, particularly YouTube and Facebook preferred
- Proficiency in multi-stakeholder project management
- Familiarity and comfort with using research tools
- Familiarity with studio content distribution and marketing workflows helpful
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong analytical, research and quantitative skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Strong ability to develop relationships and work cross functionally across partners and stakeholders
- Passion for film, television, and media a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”