Boondocks Assistant Editor III
Culver City, CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11412 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
Sony Pictures Animation has an exciting opening for an Assistant Editor (Animatics) to work on the TV Series Boondocks. This position is an integral part of a fast-paced and agile environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create an organized structure in the editorial arena, and to help diagnose problems and offer solutions. You are self-motivated, pay attention to details, and have the passion and willingness to learn and grow alongside a talented team.
• Import and generate rough assembly cut of episodes based on the storyboard and script.
• Work alongside the editorial team by organizing, tracking, and cataloging footage.
• As needed, cut revisions into animatics using notes and direction from the editor.
• Successfully and accurately deliver final materials, including correct formats, labels, slates, languages, etc. to clients.
• Convert and format files from various sources for a professional post-production pipeline.
• Prep, track, and deliver files to and from other departments (keeping Production in the loop on any added lines and scratch dialog).
• Prepping project timelines and bins for the editors.
• Help maintain a shared media storage environment.
• Recognize, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems independently.
• Maintain an archive library of projects and materials.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a professional post-production environment
• Extensive knowledge of Final Cut Pro v7, Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Premiere Pro
• Extensive knowledge of advanced video compression techniques and associated software packages
• Knowledge of current industry-standard post-production workflows and organization
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Production Suite (especially After Effects and Photoshop)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX operating systems
• Able to work well with deadlines and quick project turnover
• Good Communication Skills
• Highly self-motivated
• Knowledge of post-production specific hardware
• DVD and Blu-ray authoring
• Knowledge of current trends in video production and post-production equipment and technology.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."