Boondocks Editor II (TV)
Culver City, CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11413 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
Sony Pictures Animation is looking for an Episodic TV Editor to join the Boondocks TV Series.
In this role you will take the episodes from animatic through final picture and delivery. Starting with the animatic, you will edit together a combination of digital storyboards and temp audio dialogue. This will be used as a base for the rest of the production to build around. Being a CG show, you will be custodian of ongoing rough cuts for episodes moving closer to final picture, carrying each episode through post production and final delivery.
- Compile Animatics using imported Storyboard Panels and Audio Files
- Add temp SoundFX and Camera Moves where needed.
- Work with Director to shape episodes from animatic onward.
- Address notes at animatic, rough cut, color, final picture, etc. with suggestions for cuts and improvements to ensure best portrayal of story beats.
- Continue to craft an ongoing work print of the episode with deliverables at layout, animation and then final color.
- Experience editing Animatics through final picture for animated TV series, prime time experience preferred.
- Able to creatively push the story thru edits and animatics.
- Understanding of CG concepts and workflows and pipeline.
- Strong storytelling skills.
- High degree of proficiency in Adobe Premiere and/or Avid and Storyboard Pro.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work and adapt in high-pressure environments under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner.
- Proactive with creative problem-solving skills.
- A Great sense of humor.
To apply, please include a resume and a link to some of your previous work that we can review.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."