Boondocks Story Artist II
Culver City, CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11411 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
Story artists create visual representations of the actions within the script. They will analyze the character motion and settings within the story and use basic drawings to define framing from shot to shot. The results are subject to change down the line, but these visuals give a roadmap of sorts on what will be happening frame by frame.
In this role you will be working from a script or descriptions to create storyboards for sequences. You will use quick sketches to provide detailed story panels that detail out each scene and the movement happening within them.
- Pitch storyboards to director, head of story, crew, and executives.
- Work with the storyboard director to define staging, pacing, and camera.
- Discover and create innovative ideas with performance, action, and humor.
- Draw storyboards for assigned sequences.
- Revise, edit and modify sketches as many times as needed.
- Previous story artist experience in TV, action and / or anime style preferred.
- Strong storytelling abilities that feature character personality, emotion, and movement, acting, and staging.
- Ability to work in a team environment and on deadline.
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS: current samples of boards and animatics.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."