BRM Director – Data Analytics
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-10673 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Director in our Corporate IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) team serves as the conduit to the business users and senior leaders with the primary goal of understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of the users. The Director will interact with stakeholders from various business units, supporting of current and future project and applications.
This role will be expected to lead cross-functional team efforts and execute project management activities as required to support custom business applications created using a variety of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics tools. The ideal candidate must be hands on in all aspects of the applications they support and be very detailed oriented. Have strong communication/listening skills to facilitate meetings. Experience with gathering requirements, developing product road maps, and assisting in the creation of strategic plans. The ideal candidate must also have a proven track record of supporting complex initiatives where multiple business unite and processes are impacted.
- Plan, direct and manage project execution
- Monitor and control project work including performance metrics
- Build/recruit project teams to support project efforts as needed
- Act as the subject matter expert for all tools and applications used by the Data Analytics team
- Effectively solicit, elaborate, and communicate requirements and/or issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Build complex workflows and diagrams to depict business and system processes.
- Drive testing approach, process, and strategy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, results-driven, and agile work environment.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in IT or related technical professions
- Data Analytics and/or Business Intelligence Experience
- Data visualization Experience (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- SQL Knowledge/Experience
- Agile/Scrum Experience
- JIRA Experience
- Previous Entertainment Industry Work Experience
- Bachelor Degree required
- Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."