Business Analyst, S3/Facilities/Admin Services
Culver City | Req ID: JR23-11036
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- innovative problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
- learner and developer
The Business Analyst, Corporate IT, will play a key role in supporting both technology and business relationships for the Security, Safety, and Sustainability (S3) department, Facilities department, and Admin Services department.The Business Analyst is sharply focused on identifying, documenting, and recommending solutions to business requirements from a technology, process, and workflow perspective.The Business Analyst will facilitate requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders from various business units, develop and support IT training, user acceptance testing, document test scenarios, strategize system integrations, planning, coordination, and deployment of multi-team enhancements or projects. The role is responsible for supporting the broader IT team to align technology strategy and project execution to deliver quality functionality and process improvement.The role will be expected to support peripheral device management wireless printers, mobile end user and point of sale devices, as well as enterprise-wide monitoring tools.
- Support the development of a technology transformational roadmap for Security, Safety, and Sustainability (S3) department, Facilities department, and Admin Services department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the complexities of the business and potential technical solutions, as well as a passion for driving large-scale projects.
- Support the technical analysts to ensure that the delivered system functionality matches the specified requirements; ensure business satisfaction with IT services and products; understand and support communication of user expectations.
- Support project execution, including taking a lead role in multi-track project plans, communicating updates to stakeholders, and providing weekly reports.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing IT processes and collaborate with process owners to introduce efficiencies.
- Identify and articulate options to stakeholders and influence decisions based on facts and analysis.
- With the assistance of senior team members; establish and sustain relationships with critical subsidiary execution teams, including senior leaders, track leads, IT support, and other corporate partners, and P&O.
- With the assistance of senior team members; solicit, elaborate, and communicate requirements and/or issues to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Support with all internal IT communications and activities with Information Security, P&O, Finance, IT fulfillment teams and IT infrastructure teams. Support solutions as a subject matter expert by corresponding with regional counterparts and developing a global governance and shared services operating model.
Bachelor's Degree preferred
2+ years of experience in IT or related technical profession
2+ years of experience with managing vendor relationships is preferred
2+ years of experience with peripheral device (mobile) and user account management preferred
Strong functional specifications and user requirements skills
Evidence of business acumen to communicate effectively with business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services.
Computer Science degree or equivalent education required.
Agile/Scrum Experience (if not, training will be provided).
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.