Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11636 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
Sony Pictures Animation is looking for a highly creative Color Stylist to join the team on the TV Series Boondocks. The color stylist will work directly with the Art Director and Director(s) to ensure the consistency of color models and assets in relation to backgrounds throughout the series. In this role, you will work with the Director and Art Director on all aspects of the series’ color, look and mood.
- Create color models for all aspects of each episode. (characters, backgrounds, props, effects, color lead sheets, color scripts, color callouts).
- Must be able to work in the style and design esthetic of the show.
- Obtain Creative Leadership approval on all color models that are
- Created for each episode prior to shipping.
- Work with Background Designers/Painters to maintain consistency in the color and design of the project.
- Identify and resolve any color issues with Creative leadership.
- Adhere to the production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production.
- Communicate progress of work and any problems that arise to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately and that shipping materials are prepared and ready to ship on schedule.
- Must be able to work digitally.
- Strong knowledge of color theory and lighting.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable color software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
• Illustration and traditional art skills.
• Excellent understanding and experience with color theory.
• Proficient with Illustrator, Photoshop, Painter, and other 3D technology where applicable.
• Experienced in the creation of detailed style guides.
• A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."