Content Mastering and Delivery Client Services Manager
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10634 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Content Mastering and Delivery Group (CMDG) Client Services Manager is responsible for managing global digital fulfillment of content driven by SPT Sales and Operations for contractual deals and obligations. This position will liaise directly with both internal/external clients and partners ensuring contract and delivery requirements are met. This position will also oversee deal launches, on-going digital servicing including the management of various steps needed in order to prepare content such as: order management, data stewardship, video mastering, asset retrieval, localization, on-boarding, encoding, transcoding & delivery. Position will maintain communication between internal departments such as Sales/Marketing/Servicing/Legal/Production, third party vendors located domestically and internationally, and third party clients to ensure that servicing requirements are fulfilled. Manager is responsible for overseeing SPE staff and their development, building and enhancing talent to drive future leaders in the CMDG Client Services department. The position produces regular performance metrics and activity reports, assesses performance, develops and implements corrective processes as required, to ensure the highest quality, lowest cost delivery within standard practice or contractual performance standards to client satisfaction.
1. Day to Day Activities
Working closely with the Executive Director, facilitate the day-to-day activities and ensure that orders (Sales orders, customer profile data, timelines, milestones) and materials (video, audio, subtitles, closed caption files, etc.) are delivered per client’s request and contractual obligation, as well as ingested into SPE’s Distribution Backbone. Analyze requests in order to fulfill obligations regarding materials for all SPE and acquired programming and instruct staff on procedures / technical issues required to fulfill the requests. Counsel staff when order or material delivery issues arise (missing or unclear data, rejections, manufacturing delays, technical fulfillment issues…) and provide corrective action as needed (review processes with staff, contact vendors for explanations and document corrective action). As needed, review and approve staff’s purchase orders and follow up on any unfulfilled material deliveries. Conduct communication with third party clients and SPE Sales staff as needed. Activity should focus on understanding the clients and how their business is conducted. Continually evaluate the customer service process for all clients and make suggestions for improvements where appropriate.
1A. Contract Fulfillment & Project Management
Review and analyze contracts, client orders and specific projects, in order to fulfill SPE obligations regarding distribution of materials (duplication, broadcast / VOD master and digital file material) for all SPE and Acquired programming; authorize and ensure delivery of materials. Advise Sales personnel, third party clients, distributors, vendors and internal SPE employees of any issues related to the fulfillment of contracts. Constantly review new process enhancement and technology integration opportunities and incorporate into existing processes to ensure preparation, servicing and archive of materials is performed in the most efficient and cost effective manner. When fulfillment issues arise, find solutions and present to department manager. Continually, enhance and improve skills through on-going process and systems training.
1B. Tracking and Reporting
Maintain all servicing activity on designated SPE tracking system for allocated territories in order to track status of line of business instructions/order through to end client’s delivery, including on-station review as needed. Analyze quality management metrics for assigned markets (on time delivery, throughput and rejections etc) and advise management on recommendations for improvement. As required, rebill material costs to specific clients and generate reports for management and Sales offices. Support other account representatives with coverage and servicing of their clients as needed. On a routine basis, work with management to either retrieve client materials or obtain a certification of destruction of materials from clients in assigned markets upon expiration of licenses. Responsible for timely data entry, integrity and accuracy to Hub, Distribution Backbone, GOLD and other business systems.
2. Staff Development
Supervise coordinator(s) and as needed, directly manage all servicing activity through direct reports for allocated territories in order to ensure proper fulfillment of SPE content. Supervise and support account representatives with coverage and servicing of their clients as needed. Assist staff in achieving personal development and company’s goals.
3. Vendor Communication Activity
Conduct daily communication with third party vendors and CMDG internal manufacturing departments to ensure delivery of materials, assist in solving material issues and provide guidance on client delivery requirements (materials and timelines).Assist in finding resolution of rejections with internal and external vendors. Meet with vendors as required to review processes, procedures and issues.
4. Client Services Special Initiatives
Support and as required, participate in internal and external matrix teams who are involved in special initiatives and projects, which can include but not limited to; Client Services Information Sessions, Management Presentations, team building exercises, cross training, staff development, etc.
Request and supervise current and library research as assigned. Assist Exec. Director and Sr Manager in evaluating research data returned by Research groug, including making decisions about proactivematerial availability. Supply manufacturing costs to create requested materials as required.
- 3 to 5 yrs of Film and/or TV sales servicing experience and managing a staff.
- BS Degree preferred
- Material distribution and general sales servicing of product for the TV/PPV/VOD markets
- Video, audio and subtitle/cc elements (digital and physical)
- Digital delivery
- Rejection resolution
- Industry developments (clients, competitors, technology) by reading trade press, SPE news clippings, discussions with internal and external clients.
- General computer applications (e.g. Xytech)
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Shows capability to communicate clearly and concisely with many levels of management.
- Presentation development and delivery.
- Demonstrating strong analytical and quantitative skills; defining key business needs to build data sets and operational recommendations that drive distribution capabilities forward.
- Shows capability of thinking strategically at a high-level, and applying that thinking into ground-level tactics.
- Interested in learning data, metrics, and critical-path management
- Proficient with MS Offices tools such as Visio, Excel & PowerPoint to convey to various levels of management
- Make decisions with limited supervisor input.
- Organize data from a variety of sources and communicate information in a clear, professional manner. Running reports from databases for analysis of department activity.
- Identify clear priorities and meet department goals.
- Cross-train and collaborate with various groups.
- Manage costs within budgetary constraints.
- Update client files / general files.
- Able to work with and coordinate across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Team-oriented with a high EQ.
- Capacity for developing strong client and colleague relationships.
- Capacity for process improvement and innovation.
- Work ethic
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Self-motivated and dedicated to performing above expectations.
- Project Management & Documentation Skills
- Leverage appropriate tools to document and manage strategic projects such as executing initiatives tied to business deals with partners/retailers
- Lead and document process improvement and workflow establishment efforts
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."