Coordinator, Brand Marketing, TV Franchise
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10776 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Brand Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Brand Marketing and helps the team lead the strategic planning, development and execution of comprehensive marketing campaigns to support the various lifecycle stages of assigned Sony Pictures Television series from pilot inception to downstream windows while serving as the central resource for key stakeholders.
- Brand Management, Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Craft and execute innovative, effective paid and earned consumer marketing tactics across all forms of media (traditional, digital, experiential, etc.) to build awareness/intent-to-view, deepen audience engagement and ultimately increase linear, VOD, EST, mobile and online viewing for SPT’s series
- Conduct strategic planning by identifying key information (target audiences, goals, objectives, priority level, research data, points of entry/marketing hooks, budget, awareness/intent tracking, ratings expectations, challenges/opportunities, competitive and cultural landscape, partnership opportunities, etc.) to set the foundation for marketing and creative efforts
- Set cross-departmental brainstorms for shows, pitch ideas to broadcast/cable/streaming partners, and then determine which ideas to partner with them on or take ownership of
- Run point on assigned shows and coordinate efforts with all constituents within key operational windows including development, production, premiere, sustaining, finale and renewal
- Provide insight, strategic thinking, management, conceptual development, and creative direction around brand projects to deliver on established SPT goals and promote franchise growth
- Formulate strong brand roadmaps, media plans and other marketing efforts to target consumers and deliver on objectives and deadlines in order to build each series into a long-term asset for SPT
- Lead brand-building initiatives and maximize ancillary revenue streams (Merch. & Licensing, Home Ent., Music) throughout the multi-windowed, multi-year lifespan of franchises
- Read scripts and watch cuts to maintain an in-depth knowledge of shows and identify key opportunities
- Help develop and inspire the creation of effective, breakthrough marketing initiatives and provide detailed direction for deliverables (trailers, sizzles, promos, art and social assets)
- Analyze the competitive landscape, industry trends and consumer behaviors, and apply learnings/best practices to development of marketing strategies and tactics
- Shape executive presentations, reels, renewal/pitch decks to paint the best story and solidify pickups
- Synthesize recaps of show marketing tactics for key executives to be distributed on premiere day
- Attend events for respective series (TCA, Promax, conventions, premiere parties, screenings, etc.)
- Budget/Media Management
- Determine how best to strategically spend assigned show budgets and when (premiere, stunt episodes, midseason return, after hiatus, finale, etc.), in conjunction with the Digital team
- Analyze performance metrics against KPIs to assess a campaign’s success, its impact on ratings, and areas for growth
- Ensure budget tracking is accurate and up to date, that expenses are necessary and impactful, and that payments are executed with accuracy in a timely manner
- Show Expert and Central Resource for Key Stakeholders
- Inform distribution partners, senior management and key internal teams of marketing strategies and tactics (lead by both the network and SPT), creative assets (trailers, promos, key art, shoots) and rollout plans, production timelines/updates, talent bookings, show insights (creative overview, story arcs, tone, design elements), producer/talent sensitives and priorities, promo rotation, etc.
- Distribution Partners
- Establish partnership, collaborate, foster a sense of team and provide value to partners across broadcast, cable and streaming platforms
- Understand their mission, strategy, positioning, paid media, target audiences, scheduling, promotional partnerships, etc.
- Reinforce, extend and enhance the distribution partners’ initiatives and be a vocal advocate for SPT shows to guarantee maximum support
- Communicate “One Sony” support and promotional budgets to contribute to their campaigns
- Request network partner support for downstream and official product releases (DVDs, Blu-ray, EST, music soundtracks/singles, merchandise, licensee events, syndication, etc.)
- Internal Teams
- Work collaboratively with Digital, Brand Partnerships, PR, Creative Center, Programming, Development, Merch. & Licensing, International, Home Entertainment, EST, Music, Sony Corporate, Production, Research, Business Affairs, Legal, Finance, among others
- Initiate strong, company-wide collaboration to execute comprehensive and cohesive campaigns across multi-platform extensions, ensuring that they are consistently on brand and on strategy
- Support initiatives of various internal teams by providing assets and “One Sony” synergy, requesting partner and talent support, as well as brainstorming additional marketing tactics
- Facilitate approval and clearances on show creative used in promotional and product materials
- Meet with internal teams to compile and prioritize SPT requests prior to shows going into production and shoots (EPK, key art, promo, BTS)
- Spearhead “One Sony” synergistic efforts
- Oversee and optimize strategic placements and partnerships of TV franchises across Sony – lot billboards, lot monitor rotation of promos, mySPE intranet banner ads, newsletters (dedicated, monthly), company-wide eblasts for trailer releases and premieres, Sony.com/SonyPictures.com show pages and homepage placement, lot experiences (museum, store), Sony social/YouTube support, etc.
- Exploit Sony-owned IP and identify cross-promotional and integration opportunities to create stronger synergy with Networks, Syndication, Theatrical, Sony Music, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, PlayStation, GSN, Crackle Plus, etc.
- Leverage discounted Sony paid tactics such as mobile game ads and YouTube inventory
- Explore opportunities to partner with the Sustainability and Diversity & Inclusion teams
- Tap into SPE business resource groups for focus groups, panels, screenings, brainstorms
- Form trusting relationships with producers and be their go-to resource
- Influence distribution partners and internal teams on producers’ POV (spoilers, preferences)
- Ensure kick-off meetings are set between producers and distribution partners and that all pertinent questions are answered to give marketing teams clear direction
- Research new agencies/vendors, in order to bring innovative approaches to SPT properties
- Drive relationships with agencies/vendors, requesting their capabilities, past campaigns, previous clients, rate card, benchmarks/metrics for success, reporting, deliverables, deadlines, new vendor paperwork, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of relevant experience working in entertainment marketing
- Ideally will have prior experience planning and executing paid media campaigns with a strong understanding of how to interpret data
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners, production teams, show producers and talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with keen organizational skills to create or improve processes and procedures
- Displays strong initiative, curiosity and passion to go the extra mile with a strategic mindset
- Knowledge of TV show lifecycles such as production, distribution, EST, DVD and SVOD
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and to facilitate numerous projects simultaneously
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."