Coordinator, Digital Client Services
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-11026 Apply View Saved Jobs
TVOD (Transactional VOD) Client Services team enables the growth of Sony Pictures digital content distribution through leadership and enhancement of the Digital Supply Chain, ensuring on-time and high-quality content deliveries, as well as the accurate execution of strategic initiatives via flexible and scalable processes. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations and communication for global TVOD business needs driven by Home Office. As the expanding and dynamic Digital marketplace continues to mature, this demanding and fast-moving position requires a confident and clear communicator, a dedicated team player, a proactive and positive thinker, and someone able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
The Coordinator will utilize aspects of sales, operations, programming, and strategic planning on a daily basis, working with key stakeholders to ensure that all initiatives, including regular, daily/weekly launch of SPE’s content on Digital storefronts, occur according to plan.
This role requires direct communication with the respective Sony Digital Account Managers (SPHE), Retailers (such as iTunes, Google Play, local retailers), and close coordination with cross-functional commercial and operational teams, both external and internal, and a deep understanding of the Digital landscape overall.
The Coordinator will focus on execution of core business responsibilities, continually drive for results, and exhibit strong interpersonal skills to build strong relationships cross-functionally, including Retailers and various internal SPE stakeholders.
Material Fulfillment Systems: Runner, DBB, Smart Engine, HUB
- Task/Sales Order Mgmt in the HUB for EST, EVOD and SVOD across all asset types – video, audio/sub components, artwork and metadata
- Accountable for working with relevant teams on research of all material types– for fulfillment, rejections etc. Pertains to all asset types required for delivery/storefront: Core media, components including subs/dubs, artwork, metadata, etc.
- Day to day PO Management in Smart Engine to ensure smooth cost tracking
- Serve as first POC content-related inquiries and/or rejections
- Track against committed deadlines in preparation for project launches/high volume, high profile initiatives
- Identify/troubleshoot resolve issues as they arise impacting delivery timelines and volumes
- Client Profile Management: Manage client profiles/attributes in PRISM/HUB to ensure accurate reflection of contractual, territory and operational needs; critical to successful automation and delivery of data and content
- Cultivate robust knowledge of territory practices, terminology and specifications across the global
EST, VOD & SVOD Avails Management: PRISM/HUB, Business Objects, etc. Where assigned by management, includes but not limited to:
- Release Management: Execute on Sony Feature and TV releases in applicable territories according to business plans for EST, EVOD and/or SVOD. Daily tasks include managing Digital windows, EST/EVOD/SVOD avails, sales orders and delivery tasks to ensure on-time execution, as assigned
- Avails Management –Regular tasks include heavy data analysis of title lists/territory/avails data, troubleshooting avails data discrepancies and working with IT for fixes, ensuring data accuracy Digital storefronts
- Order Management – Where needed, support avails/order management schedules across relevant deals, includes day to day troubleshooting, ensuring data accuracy from order management perspective
- Reporting: Work in Business Objects to own and execute on all Avails
- Anticipate and pro-actively address regional release schedule challenges and nuances, including VOD timing and availability across SPT and SPHE
Special Projects & Stretch Assignments:
- Take on as assigned or as desired special projects related to Client Services role in support of evolving business needs across any aspect of the TVOD Digital Supply Chain – artwork, metadata, global partner specs, IT projects/enhancements for our workflows, etc.
- Add specialized skills such as expertise in MovieLabs specifications such as EMA Avails, Media Manifest (MEC, MMC), EIDR/ALIDS, reporting, knowledge and documentation of Digital supply chain management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Shows capability to communicate clearly and concisely with many levels of management.
- Presentation development and delivery.
- Subject matter expertise on Digital Deliverables include Video encoding specs, common errors, subtitles, video packaging, XML, Dub conformance, delivery mechanism (Aspera), and supply chain standards (Ex. MovieLabs MDDF, IMF, etc)
- Shows capability of thinking strategically at a high-level, and applying that thinking into ground-level tactics.
- Interested in learning data, metrics, and critical-path management
- Proficient with MS Offices tools such as Visio, Excel & PowerPoint to convey to various levels of management
- Able to work with and coordinate across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Team-oriented with a high EQ.
- Capacity for developing strong client and colleague relationships.
- Capacity for process improvement and innovation.
- Work ethic
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Self-motivated and dedicated to performing above expectations.
- Project Management & Documentation Skills
- Leverage appropriate tools to document and manage strategic projects such as executing initiatives tied to business deals with partners/retailers
- Lead and document process improvement and workflow establishment efforts
- Microsoft Office Programs and 365 suite, Visio, ability to learn systems such as SPHE’s PRISM, expertise in XML and automation tools a plus
- 1-3 years similar experience at another studio or content provider, retailer, or other digital media company. Business affairs or production management work also relevant.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”