Coordinator, Marketing Clearances
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11609 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com
- Provide general administrative support (including filing, calendars, copying, preparation of Expense Reports, P.O. Requests, ordering supplies, answering phones, etc.) for the Marketing Clearances department.
- Provide internal customer support to those seeking materials and information from Legal Clearances Department (SPHE, SPT, SPWA, etc.).
- Maintain Master Files for Department and coordinate the retirement of Master Files; prepare and maintain index to Master Files.
- Interact with the Worldwide Theatrical Marketing groups (creative advertising, digital marketing, media, publicity, A/V finishing, print production, creative services, stills, special events, etc.), other studio departments (home entertainment, music, legal, TV, animation, etc.), the guilds and outside vendors (graphics companies, creative vendors, stock photo/footage companies, etc.) establishing positive working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- At direction of Senior Vice President, Vice President, Director and Manager, submit and traffic materials to necessary Guilds, Legal Department, Music Department, etc.
- Maintain accurate records regarding approval and disapprovals of materials submitted to Guilds, Legal Departments, Script Clearances, etc.
- At direction of Senior Vice President, Vice President, Director and Manager, distribute art and billing to Lines of Business and to third parties. Maintain accurate records as to items distributed and date of distribution so that parties can be notified of revisions.
- Coordinate the MPAA submission paperwork for feature ratings. Includes reaching out to finance, post production and business affairs to obtain proper information.
- Coordinate the payment of invoices received from the MPAA in regard to the submission of our feature films.
- Ensure that InterPlan has updated ratings information once MPAA ratings are posted each week, as well as maintain tentative ratings for upcoming Sony Pictures titles.
- Work with Department Senior Vice President on managing the scheduling and tracking of all MPAA feature submissions.
- Coordinate with the Worldwide Marketing groups, Finance and 3rd party vendors in the handling/processing of invoices involving stock photo/footage licensing and A/V billing/end cards including the creation of PO’s for footage used.
- Coordinate the licensing of stock photos and stock footage for the department Senior Vice President, Vice President, Director and Manager.
- Coordinate the tracking of music licensed for use in advertising campaigns for the department Senior Vice President, Vice President, Director and Manager.
- Other responsibilities and tasks that may be assigned by the department Senior Vice President and Vice President.
- 1-2 minimum years of experience
- College degree required
- Discretion, common sense and dependability required
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Ariba, SAP, MediaQurator & Concur.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Independent prioritization, organizational, multitasking and decision-making skills.
- Must be proactive with a team-player attitude
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."