Coordinator, Production Accounting & Finance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-10017 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Coordinator is responsible for performing accounting functions on behalf of productions prior to hiring freelance accounting staff. They will provide oversight and guidance during onboarding of production accounting crews and assist in implementing studio policies. This position works closely with Sony treasury to set up production bank accounts, online banking systems and positive pay in a timely manner. They will collect and process weekly funding's for multiple currencies, resolve banking issues and ensure all signatories are current. Lastly, they will serve as studio point of contact for questions from freelance accountants regarding general company procedures.
- Support domestic and international production accounting teams working on location - 35%.
- Manage weekly production funding, banking issues and reconcile SAP funding to production ledgers - 25%.
- Process union and non-union payroll during pre-production, manage pre-production reimbursements and payables - 15%.
- Support processing and supporting collection of domestic and international tax credits - 13%.
- Track receipt and consolidate reporting of assigned productions into senior management production reporting tools - 7%.
- Manage studio and production accounting interfaces, reconcile and resolve any variances - 5%.
- 2+ years - production accounting experience
- Advanced Excel, Vista and PSL
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work and remain detail oriented
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”