Coordinator, Production Finance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11535 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Coordinator, Production Finance position supports production finance and production accounting staff worldwide for the Motion Picture Group.Role provides oversight and guidance during onboarding of production crews and assist in implementing studio policies.Position will work with production finance teams to process pre-production payroll, set up banking systems and positive pay in a timely manner.Individual will be responsible for coordinating set up of IT systems, user access and application interfaces for production finance.Position is studio point of contact for questions from freelance accounting staff regarding company procedures.
- Support domestic and international production accounting teams working on location (35%)
- Coordinate setup of production accounting IT systems, user access and data interfaces (25%)
- Process union and non-union payroll during pre-production, manage pre-production reimbursements and payables (20%)
- Manage weekly production funding, banking issues and reconcile SAP funding to production ledgers (15%)
- Manage studio and production accounting interfaces, reconcile and resolve any variances (5%)
- 2+ years - production accounting experience
- Advanced Excel
- Experience in any or all of 1) transforming legacy manual processes into integrated digital/automated processes; 2) data intensive models/forecasting; complex/intensive analytical analysis
- SAP, Vista and PSL knowledge a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work and remain detail oriented
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”