Director, Content FP&A (Funimation)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10426 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation is looking for a Director of Content FP&A to be in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and investment decisions. Together with the newly created FP&A team, the individual will work cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Funimation into financial decisions regarding the co-production and acquisition of anime shows with inputs from various teams such as content, marketing, technology, accounting and operation. Focusing on strategy & analysis in order to evaluate the general programming and content, in addition to leading competitive analysis. Partnering closely with the senior leadership of Funimation who depend heavily on the strategic insights in order to make critical business decisions across the company.
- Responsible for content pro-forma and developing dynamic model & scenario for valuation analyses to support content acquisition and investment strategy & negotiations, supporting by data metrics and analytics
- Conducting analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators to provide value-added inputs to help decision making in executing content strategy
- Creating process or system to compile data from various sources & developing complete post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
- Working cross-functionally with other groups globally including but not limited to Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights, operation/production, etc
- Regularly present insightful analyses, reports and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
- Supporting content acquisition in multi-year budgeting and forecasting including amortization patterns, minimum guarantee commitments, royalty sharing model, trending analysis, scenario planning as part of budget/MRP/Forecast, as well as monitoring and tracking actuals against plans
- Be the lead on the determination and coordination of the cross functional assessment and planning of content acquisition
- Participating in the overall planning process as required.
- 7+ years of experience in business development, management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, and/or media/entertainment/tech company
- Prior experience in Digital Media/Entertainment (Financial Ultimates) is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Understanding of digital platforms and content strategy in the digital space is a plus
- High proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint with excellent modeling skill
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- Highly analytical and strong, effective communicator
- Critical thinking & demonstrated experience in problem solving, making decisions influenced by business insights and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data utilizing financial modeling
- Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
- Think outside the box & challenge status quo when required by highlighting new trends, improving existing processes or are open to sourcing those ideas from others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business
- Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
- Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
- Possess a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around
the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."