Director, Experience Strategy - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10531 Apply View Saved Jobs
Director, Experience Strategist, Marketing Strategy
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription app,
which is available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy, and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming, and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding. Funimation is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We are looking for a seasoned Creative Strategist to join our Marketing Strategy group. The ideal candidate has a strong acumen for connecting, concepting, and executing efforts that support and deliver against company and brand objectives. This person will join a team of insights-driven strategists, and is a high-visibility role reporting to the VP, Marketing Strategy. This role is based in Culver City, with travel to Dallas and other locations.
This Creative Strategist role will be the lead within Funimation for all experientially driven executions, and be responsible for developing the global experiential strategic plan, serving as a channel partner to other key marketing initiatives, and delivering against these programs. Individuals with a creative, results driven mindset, as well as relationship and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment are encouraged to apply.
- Heads the thought leadership in experiential innovations for both virtual and physical (or combined) platforms, driving both creative and operational thinking and execution, all with the Funimation and anime fan at the core
- Proactively develop a long term plan that addresses key business and brand opportunities and challenges; subsequently ensure alignment and buy-in with cross-functional partners (e.g., licensing, creative, digital)
- Closely collaborate with creative partners to actively champion, lead, and execute experiences to successful conclusions that support company KPIs and objectives
- Work cross-functionally with key business stakeholders to ensure projects are focused, on time, and meet internal and 3rd party standards
- Develop and manage flow of subsequent work processes, including collaborating with the creative and licensing teams to create cross collaborative approaches
- Benchmark competitive and other industry brand building physical and virtual executions to cultivate learnings and leverage findings
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ experience in project management
- Ability to adapt to a remote, international work environment
- Experience leading and growing talent and teams
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to relevant parties.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; proactive, adaptable, and collaborative
- Must be able to work well under pressure while dealing with scheduling deadlines
- Detail-oriented and an excellent problem-solver.
- Ability to develop and understand the various components of the organization and its respective stakeholders
- Ability to build a diplomatic working relationship with others within the company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the entertainment industry is preferred
- Experience managing brand marketing projects
- Experience working on brand repositioning projects
- Candidates with an interest in developing brands
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."