Director, Global Finance Organization- Record To Report (Sony Pictures Releasing International)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10151 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment Finance and Accounting is currently defining its roadmap to transform the organization from a line-of-business and territory orientation to one which is global, enterprise-based, focusing on process improvement, standardization, reducing complexity and efficient use of technology. The global team’s objectives are to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall team while enhancing the value and accessibility of the data created by the accounting processes which will enable the commercial teams to drive toward greater revenue growth and margin improvements.
The Director for the Record-to-Report, Sony Pictures Releasing International (SPRI) will play an integral role in helping guide the transformation of SPE’s Finance and Accounting organization. The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to: (1) working with Global Financial Operations (GFO) colleagues in establishing a viable and sustainable working outsource model with our partner, Capgemini, (2) have direct responsibilities supporting the SPRI line of business (i.e., ensuring SPRI accounting and reporting is accurate and timely, liaising with SPRI FP&A and operations as required, etc.) as well as understanding the differences and commonalities with other lines of business (3) maintain an enterprise-wide, global perspective to ensure that SPE always takes into consideration the broadest aspects of every challenge and opportunity encountered, and (4) be a member of the team that owns SPE’s financial systems and is responsible for developing a roadmap to rationalize the current landscape from a federation of bespoke applications into one that is more efficient and harmonized across SPE’s differing business models, leveraging state of art technology platforms which will support SPE well into the future.
Areas of Responsibility:
Establish a viable and sustainable working outsource model
- Play a key role in the successful transition to Capgemini of SPRI accounting duties from SPE’s centers in Gdynia and Manila as well as from its operating territories.
- Define, refine and implement all aspects of the “GFO Model”. This includes defining the interaction model with SPRI ITF, Capgemini, and the SPRI commercial teams as needed; ensuring a strong control environment; aligning on the appropriate reviews and feedback mechanisms; etc.
- Post stabilization of the transfer, when transformation will become the focus and priority: identify and implement opportunities to eliminate low value work and standardize processes which will reduce complexity and enable greater benefits to be derived from technology (RPA, Cadency, SAP S4/Hana, etc.)
- Create an environment which embraces change and thrives in dynamic situations which can often have both unclear and uncertain outcomes.
- Champion the concepts of: Elimination, Standardization, Optimization, Automation and Robotization
Direct Responsibility for the SPRI line of business
- Member of team responsible for ensuring SPRI accounting and reporting is accurate and timely
- Ensure adequate documentation and coverage of existing SPRI processes
- Understand and rationalize all existing SPRI processes and reports
- Member of team supporting the oversight, accounting and control needs of SPRI
- Actively participate in expanding experience and breath of responsibilities which is LOB and territory agnostic; all RTR GFO team members will have opportunities to learn other LOBs business models and related RTR duties
- Compare SPRI and WW Distribution processes; enhance standardization amongst the two were appropriate and possible
- Create efficient integration between SPRI RTR and FP&A processes
- Enhance interactions between SPRI and MPG as well as rationalize existing distinctions
- Enhance interactions between SPRI and WW Distribution
- Embrace a culture where: (1) constructive challenging of the status quo is both professional and enhances the value of the work product/output, (2) the team is driven to achieve results, (3) the team is open, transparent and inclusive, and (4) mistakes are an acceptable opportunity to learn
- Develop or leverage training/self-development programs to improve the depth of experience and value of the employee to SPE and themselves.
Enterprise-wide Global Perspective
- Partner to develop and implement the team’s vision and values, aligned to SPE’s CEO and CFO’s objectives and goals
- Partner with GFO colleagues on the evolution of the GFO’s role and structure as SPE’s relationship with Capgemini evolves
Financial Systems Roadmap
- Key Member of team that presides over SAP Governance: doc types, COA, system integration, etc.
- System rationalization: S4/HANA, document repositories, BW/BPC, etc.
- New Technologies: machine learning, RPA
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Successful track record in leadership roles
- Strong Accounting and Finance experience, 8+ years
- Well versed in maintaining, documenting and overseeing a control environment for a large-scale corporation
- Experience in delivering large scale Finance and Accounting projects/programs
- Experience in leading teams for delivery of Finance and Accounting services and operations
- Change agent and champion mindset
- Excellent relationship management skills – ability to work closely with a variety of constituencies including Finance and Accounting executives, offshore vendor managers, commercial teams and technical staff; ability to understand and effectively deal with cultural differences
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, listening, written, and presentation
- Ability to effectively coordinate and facilitate cooperation from multiple Finance and Accounting groups and key strategic partner to accomplish assignments and goals
- Understanding of the media & entertainment business
- Strong organizational skills
- Systematic problem-solving skills and mindset
- Ability to live with uncertainty
- Cultural tolerance
- Empathy and compassion
Other Desired Requirements:
- Ability to travel
- Flexible working hours
- BA in Accountancy. CPA, or MBA a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."