Director Information Architect
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-11033 Apply View Saved Jobs
About the job
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is looking for a strong executive to join our team as a Director, Information Architect. As media consumption habits are rapidly changing and evolving, we are seeking to infuse data, insight & audience understanding throughout the value chain at SPE.
What will be your mission?
At Sony Pictures, our mission is to meet audiences where they are and connect them to the content they love and are looking for across our rich and diverse repertoire of movie and television IP.
Our team is responsible for leading SPE data strategy and management that enable us to understand the changing consumer behaviors and preferences within the content and media landscape. We are building an in-house capability we believe will enable SPE to harness all the data across our enterprise, to maximize the sales and performance of our Intellectual Property (IP) & enhance decision making throughout the value chain.
Your mission is to harness our SPE data assets across the enterprise to unlock value and drive optimization of data usage across SPE in partnership with our business and corporate stakeholders.
This role supports all lines of business across SPE. You will be a key leader delivering information architect solutions that will enable our team of data scientists, strategic analysts and data managers to develop and productionalize data products that are used to inform the key strategic decisions that arise throughout the Film and TV Series IP creation and distribution lifecycles, across multiple functional divisions (Production, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Corporate, Operations, BI, IT, etc.).
The goal of the Information Architect is to ensure we are utilizing all our data assets for SPE, interpret and present data and information in meaningful and actionable ways to drive business and technology innovation used to manage information and advanced analytics.
As part of enterprise data support, this role will be involved to support cross-functional business data analysis, design conceptual and logical data models and process flow diagrams and advise and lead on data taxonomy development.
This role, along with business leadership, our IT partners, Data Science, Data Management, and data and analysis engineering functions, will lead and contribute to the definition of an overarching data strategy and architecture that will align data licenses and data assets in high impact areas. This role will produce a suite of complementary data models, catalogs, tools, and technologies to navigate and access the data.
The Information Architect will advise data and analytics leaders, and business and IT leadership in developing information governance processes and structures, with consideration to privacy policies and compliance. The role drives and influences the definition of data classifications and data zoning to reduce risk, allow data assets to be immediately identified and proactively managed as more information becomes federated in a digital data economy.
The Information Architect ensures that the information structure is aligned with business strategies, goals, and vision. The role enables the analysis of data and solutions ensuring that enterprise audience data and analytics assets are treated as protected assets, with the view to improve performance through enterprise solutions and capabilities.
- Identify business user requirements by meeting stakeholders, understand user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; has deep knowledge of how users consume information, including data categorization and labeling.
- Plans and organizes information architecture by understanding the end goal, strategy, and target end-user; envision data architectural schema, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; capture user scenarios; prepare data models; design information structure, work-and dataflow; conduct ideation meetings; coordinate with business, IT and data teams.
- Architect and design solutions for data quality, reliability, and data governance, while driving architecture principles of security, scale, uptime, and reliability
- Contribute to the scoping and development process for Analytics and Data Science teams who design and productionalize Machine Learning prototypes, dashboards, business tools and User Interfaces. Advises on data point curation inputs, and data harmonization.
- Implements and influence information architecture for enterprise information and data management by preparing conceptual or interactive prototypes and mockups, documenting structure and processes.
- Cross collaboration to establish information architecture plan across multiple data cloud storage solutions and sharing information across business capabilities and functions
- Key outputs of information architecture can include information site maps, data dictionaries, data hierarchies, categorizations, navigation, wireframes, data models, and metadata
- Updates job knowledge by understanding industry best practices, SPE internal data policies, compliance, and legal requirements for collecting, housing, and analyzing Personal Information, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Information Architect Skills and Qualifications:
- Business Requirements Analysis, Planning and Scoping, Database Management, Self-Motivated, Presenting Technical Information, Problem Solving, Data Modeling, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data Maintenance
- 5+ years’ work experience in information architecture, Business Analytics, Sales, Marketing or Financial analysis, data governance/management related role with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional parts of organizations and external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Management, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or other related field from an accredited university – Master's Degree preferred
- Prior work experience in media, entertainment or consumer packaged goods industries preferred
- Willingness to challenge the current norm – self-starter with a passion for data and strong desire to drive change
- Deep knowledge and understanding of knowledge architecture, data governance and data management – esp. mapping data elements, defining data entities, standards and governance (including compliance and policies), as well as experience with interfacing with internal and external data providers
- Demonstrated desire and ability to self-learn and up-skill: must have a strong interest to learn and use new software which improves work efficiency and output
- Agile methodology expertise with ability to rapidly iterate at pace from Scope to Proof of Concept to Production to in-house training, documentation, and implementation
- Enthusiasm and passion for following trends in information architecture, data management, governance, and compliance
- Experience in developing and implementing effective enterprise-wide best practices related to information architecture and data policies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional team projects – also involving IT and external stakeholders
- Strong planning, documentation, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency and commitment to deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, MS Suite of products skills
- Experience in business intelligence & visualization tools and/or programming languages (for example: SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, R/Shiny, Python, etc.) and data governance tools (for example: IBM Watson Knowledge Center, Collibra, Alation, etc.) preferable.
- Familiarity with the data ecosystem in the motion picture and television industry preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”