Director, Marketing, International Distribution and Production
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10145 Apply View Saved Jobs
DIRECTOR, Marketing, International Distribution and Production
Reporting to: Vice President of International Distribution & Production Marketing
Based in Culver City, the Director will be responsible for the marketing support of SPT International Distribution & International Production lines of business, providing critical support for the global marketing team.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work well with various personalities in a high-paced, ever-changing environment. He/she is a strategic thinker, will have significant experience in project management and problem solving, and well-versed in the nuances of both B2B and B2C marketing initiatives.
The Director will develop and maintain internal relationships, as well as foster relationships with business partners, including Sony-affiliated and unaffiliated production entities, cable and broadcast television networks and streaming/OTT platforms.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Negotiate the acquisition of finished creative assets from third parties (networks and acquisition entities) for purposes of servicing to international clients and maintaining brand consistency
- Lead and manage cross-functional communications by staying highly aligned with multiple teams, including: Creative (on-air and off-air), Franchise Marketing, Publicity, Legal, International Productions, Home Entertainment and Theatrical
- Foster relationships with domestic and international partners (network, cable, SVOD)
- Spearhead marketing initiatives, from development to execution, designed to be scaled globally for all clients
- Develop and drive international television marketing initiatives for key Sony Pictures Television titles
- Manage project budgets
- Build and manage relationships with vendors, including creative and promotional agencies
- Communicate updates and priorities to the international marketing team (L.A. office and regional offices)
- Simplify and improve effectiveness and efficiencies of internal processes
- Support Vice President and Senior Vice President as needed
- BA in Marketing or related field
- 8 – 10 years of experience in marketing and/or account management at an entertainment brand or advertising/media agency with an emphasis on entertainment
- Possesses high standards of professionalism and leadership
- Excellent analytical skills, strong sense of initiative, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams
- High competency and proven track record of project management
- Ability to anticipate needs, and independently drive projects toward completion
- Experience with data/research fundamentals as a basis for devising strategic direction, particularly in the digital space
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Strategic and creative thinker who is up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of international marketplace
- Fluent in the fundamentals of asset management and servicing
- Proficiency in a second language preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."