Director, Networks – Home Office Divisional Finance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR23-10120 Apply View Saved Jobs
We are seeking a Divisional Finance Director. Based in Culver City with a team of two, reporting to the SVP, you will own the Networks consolidation and be a key influence on our affiliate business.
What You’ll Be Focused on:
- You’ll own the global Networks budget, forecast and medium-range consolidation:
- Define the process, set timelines and scope, and ensure efficiency and effectiveness across Network and D2C business around the globe.
- Collaboration with colleagues across multiple time-zones on requirements and deliverables
- High-level understanding and investigating Media Networks performance versus latest view expectations.
- Quality control to ensure synchronization of numbers across various materials, and management of submission process via the Networks planning system, and through to Corporate Planning team and senior stakeholders.
- Own the divisional finance Global Support submission, including analysis of performance, allocations and identifying opportunities and risks for the area
- You’ll take a leading position in support of our D2C subsidiary PureFlix.
- Working closely with the PureFlix CFO, gaining insight about the businesses forward-looking strategy and financials
- Ensuring a smooth and efficient budget, forecast and MRP process.
- Supporting the business in a period of growth and change
- Assessing and recommending approval of spend and growth.
- Working collaboratively with Tax, Treasury, Tech Accounting, Corporate Dev and GFO.
- Providing insight and expertise into the D2C market.
- You’ll be a lead supporter of Sony Picture’s Three Week Forecast ambitions, including the development of new processes, and driving new planning and consolidation tools.
- 8+ years of experience in finance, supported by at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience of consolidation, budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis.
- Experience in the Media/Television/D2C/Broadcasting is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Fluency in Excel and PowerPoint is required; Analytics tools experience like Power BI a plus
- Multinational, matrix experience with large-scale multi-currency ERP systems preferred
Your Key Skills:
- Solutions focused, with an Impact Player “can do” mindset, able to operate effectively in a deadline driven environment with the highest professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Ability to manage and develop a talented team of finance professionals
- Ability to build strong relationships across distance and time-zones in a matrixed organization
- Ability to improve, simplify, standardize, systemize, and automate complex processes
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”