Director, New Media (Go To Market)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11379 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Director of New Media will support VP, New Media to lead to go market strategy & activation of commercial partnerships with SPT’s new and existing global clients, focused on new technologies & formats. The Director will provide leadership & day to day management of 2 direct reports to develop the strategy and successful execution of deals with non-traditional new media clients across the globe. This person will lead their team coordinating amongst the various departments at home office & in territory eg. Salespeople, sales planners, marketing, technology & digital operations to lead go to market strategy of SPT’s new digital distribution partnerships & create maximum revenue for the catalog of current and library TV series and feature films. The Director will support VP, New Media in new account development, and in non-traditional global partnerships & new product development to secure new revenues for SPT.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- New Account Development & Account Management: Lead a team on new and existing global accounts to develop & activate go-market strategy with complex new & non traditional accounts; lead activation to ensure maximum revenue back to SPT; account manage from start to end in close co-ordination with sales, sales planning, marketing, technology & operations teams, legal & finance. Maintain and nurture exceptionally strong relationships with non-traditional SPT clients around the world to develop close alignment with these new & existing partners.
- Go-To-Market: Lead team to develop and execute go to market strategy across new & existing clients. Work with clients to define go-to-market roadmap and opportunities based on program KPI’s and client objectives. Provide direction to cross functional teams at SPT Home & Local offices to drive visibility and adoption of SPT programs such as Sony’s Bravia Core.
- New Product Development: Lead team to define new product & service requirements to deliver content to the end user with VP New Media, Sales, SPT Technology, operations, legal and marketing teams and in conjunction with new partners as relevant. Provide insight to partner needs & commercial requirements, input on UX & UI design, lead team to define branding & design requirements, in line with partner go to market strategy & needs.
- Strategy: Support VP, to develop and execute a strategic plan for new business opportunities and distribution of Sony’s key TV and feature film assets across the globe; Develop deep understanding of new channels to create relevant pitch materials & lead in the execution of that strategy alongside local market initiatives.
Leadership and Budget Management: Serving as a role model tothe salesforce around the world and the rest of the organization; always looking to drive, motivate and inspire the long term growth of people and the business with a focus on new revenue opportunities outside our traditional business. Providing sales actuals and projections on individual deals and products, and tracking spend and associated deal costs against budget.
The individual must haveand/ordemonstrate:
- 8+ years in senior media sales and management role
- Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude, professional courage, initiative, innovation and problem solving skills
- Advanced go-to-market and/or trade marketing experience at a studio, OTT service or similar
- Experience managing complex content distribution deals in all media ( VOD, EST)
- Results-driven with strong customer focus and relationship management
- Experience managing multiple projects with internal & external cross functional teams.
- Experiencemanaging a team of employees towards business and career development
- Ability to travel both domestically and overseas
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Unquestionable integrity
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”