Director, Solutions Delivery
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11363 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 140 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.
The Director of Solutions Delivery reports to Vice President New Media Technology in the Sony Pictures New Media group. The Director of Solutions Delivery participates in planning and coordinating activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget requirements. This role serves as a point of contact for external partners then works across functions within the technology and platform group to track, organize and present the multiple parallel development projects. Work with the New Media team to define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects. Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
The Director of Solutions Delivery interfaces with everyone from project leads, to team members, to business units and external partners as you coordinate various simultaneous project initiatives. You will be the team's go-to, responsible for facilitating the delivery of team commitments by leading communication and making connections between stakeholders and SMEs. Helping to define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
The successful candidate is a strong communicator, documenter and problem solver who is also outgoing, dynamic and enthusiastic. This person can make connections to the right resources and keep multiple workstream in order.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as the first point of contact for external partners for all technology products within the New Media group.
- Coordinate internal workflows and facilitate communication
- Strategize, plan, initiate, and manage Product Roadmaps in collaboration with business along with leading and guiding work of cross-functional team.
- Ensure that all requests, features, and enhancements enter the technology delivery pipeline appropriately.
- Document and present roadmap, status, priorities
- Manage Tech Operations team
- Works with Sr. Management to understand and document priorities
- Defines and documents the technology roadmap.
- Works with internal SMEs and 3rd party developers to bring technology to life
- Balances formalized development practices and documentation with a high-speed dynamic approach.
- Requires the ability to explain technical projects and documentation to management which will guide resource investments in hardware, software, and workflows
- Create technology presentations and demonstrations
- Write documents/emails in industry accepted format for peer review and presentation/collaboration
- Define developments that support the Technology group and fit into larger product development schedules.
- Ensure work-loads are distributed and there are no single points of failure (i.e., only one developer who knows how to perform a task)
- Helping set both general and specific goals for the team as a whole and individuals. e.g.
- Bringing new ideas to team and helping expand contracts
- Weekly review of team metrics (e.g., # of test iterations per title; how well we record milestones; which projects are on track, etc)
- Leading by example and getting hands dirty when needed, but also not allowing yourself to get "caught in the weeds" to the exclusion of seeing the big pictures.
- Set expectations clearly and demand excellence from the team.
Technical / Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of equivalent work experience.
- Familiar with modern development practices
- Hands-on experience with agile-based software development projects, including preferred code branching strategies.
- Ability to explain technical requirements to non-technical people and vice versa
- A high level of drive with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A team player who supports, encourages, and shares knowledge with others.
- A self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- The ability to work as part of an integrated team or on an individual basis.
- Awareness of industry standards, regulations, and developments.
- A strong technology/creative tech background delivering across multiple platforms.
- Passion about technology and innovation
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills, able to learn on the fly
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”