Director, Talent Acquisition - Funimation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10654 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
As the Director, Talent Acquisition, reporting to the VP, People, you will create strategies and programs that attract and retain extraordinary talent for Funimation while also building the team from the ground up. As the leader of the team, you will create a vision, strategy, and goals for the function while driving the hiring process, candidate experience strategy, and aligning the team’s goals and approach with the Funimation talent and business strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop an annual global recruiting strategy with associated metrics and budget; manage effectively against the plan
- Gain buy-in from the leadership team around what world-class recruiting looks like for Funimation
- Evaluate current recruiting programs and evolve to meet business needs
- Develop and oversee recruiting programs geared towards building diverse talent pools in support of Funimation’s overall D&I strategy; including strategic partnerships with local organizations aligned with the overall business and talent strategy
- Evaluate and build new capabilities required of an excellent global TA function
- Create a road map and communicate progress and projects that support the strategy with leaders and peers
- Build, lead and mentor a high-performing and highly engaged recruiting team
- Partner with other functions within the People team to create and deliver relevant trainings to the Funimation hiring managers and interviewers, ensuring the business’ recruiting capabilities are aligned with the overall strategy
- Act as a consultative advisor to the management team as it relates to their efforts to attract and hire exceptional talent
- Partner with functional leaders to understand their long and short-term people resourcing needs, including industry/function trends and forecasting
- Partner with other leaders in the People organization to drive the overall talent strategy, most notably with the HRBP function to ensure the business has a seamless and aligned experience around their talent strategy
What to Bring:
- 10 or more years of professional experience in a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- 5 or more years of direct people management experience
- Demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role – namely talent acquisition strategy and roadmap building, partnerships with executives, international recruiting, and overseeing programs and processes.
- Demonstrated successful partnerships with other Human Resources functions (i.e. Learning and Development, HR Operations, HR Business Partners, Facilities, Compensation, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field
- Highly organized and efficient
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Facility with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and using data to drive decision-making
- Proven ability to adapt and quickly change direction when necessary in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Nice to Haves:
- Experience at a Technology company or with another high-growth organization
*Funimation Global Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."