Executive Director, FP&A Corporate and Central Functions Finance
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10821 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Culver City corporate divisional finance department for Sony Pictures Entertainment keeps the divisional leaders (General Counsel, CPO, CCO, CIO etc.) appraised of all finance related matters for their group(s), primarily ensuring that a strong financial discipline and analysis is in place to support the division in achieving its goals and objectives. The team has responsibility for delivering management reporting for the division including budgets, forecasts, variance analysis etc. as well as a hoc reporting and analysis including decision support.
Departments supported are:
- CFO Corporate Groups: Information Technology, Finance, Global Real Estate and Facilities, Procurement, Information Security and Administrative Services
- P&O (HR)
- General Counsel Groups
- Corporate Development
- Corporate Communications
- Sony Innovation Studios
The successful candidate for the Executive Director Finance role based in Los Angeles will be responsible for providing all forms of financial reporting and analysis, as well as leading a team of professionals and interacting with colleagues and advisors globally.
- Report directly to SVP/DCFO of Corporate and Central functions and manage a team of professionals
- Oversee the preparation of the financial budgets, quarterly forecasts, and MRP functions with primary focus on providing financial analysis and insights
- Track performance relative to budgets and forecasts, review actual results and concisely explain variances against budgets and forecasts based on commercial and operating drivers
- Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly financial results presentations that provide important insights and participate in executive review meetings
- Drive continual improvement in budget and forecasting processes
- Develop and refine reports that provide actionable insight into the levers of the business
- Liaise with accounting team to improve availability and flow of information.
- Partner with IT to develop overhead planning tool for use in all corporate planning cycles
- Lead or directly support operating management with ad hoc financial, market and trend analyses to prioritize strategic initiatives or investment decisions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Finance team leads to ensure their financial reporting support needs are met to allow for analysis and insights
- Develop team members’ careers and professional development
First and foremost, we are looking for an exceptional individual with strong intellectual, critical thinking, decision making, team leadership, humility, honesty and analytical and financial skills. Ideally you will have spent a portion of your career in a financial role supporting Corporate or centralized-support departments and preferred in the media and entertainment industry.
More specifically, you should meet many, if not all of the following requirements:
- 10+ years in FP&A experience, Entertainment Industry / Media experience preferred
- 5+ years Management experience, including managing, developing and leading staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Change agent adept at successfully challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals
- Exceptional financial (primarily Excel) modeling skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication, and executive meeting presence, and can communicate effectively with senior operational and financial management
- Windows, Essbase, Excel, Word, SAP, and PowerPoint
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."