Finance Compliance Manager
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10102 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Technical Accounting & Compliance Department sits within the Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Corporate Finance Group. The team is accountable for consulting and advising business units on a proactive basis on accounting issues and policies, internal controls, and corporate governance. The department is also responsible for ensuring SPE is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). In addition, the group serves as a liaison to the external auditors, Tax and Internal Audit (RCD) in preparation and retention of Financial Statement Information and disclosures in coordination with Sony Corporation and the respective business units within SPE. The group also works with Legal and Business Development on various issues such as due diligence reviews.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for assisting in the execution of the Compliance Program, including analyzing processes, risks, and controls, implementing controls and policies to mitigate risk, performing root cause analysis, identifying improvement opportunities and recommending actions that are pragmatic and achievable. The Compliance Manager will also assist with initiatives aimed at improving audit quality, efficiency, controls, and governance around business and finance operations, tools, and processes designed to add value to the operations of Finance and the overall business.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on SOX Compliance including monitoring and reporting of key Company Level (CLC), Business Process (BPC), and IT General (ITGC) controls and key reports in accordance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Analyze processes, risks, and controls to identify improvement opportunities, recommend actions that are pragmatic and achievable, and partner with the business to resolve deficiencies.
- Proactively provide insightful recommendations across financial and operational initiatives to ensure SOX compliance and increased audit efficiencies.
- Support and educate employees on company-wide internal control compliance, including assisting senior management and project teams with clarification of requirements and implementing controls and policies to mitigate risk.
- Monitor evolving SOX and accounting guidance, identify relevant requirements, provide remediation plans, if necessary, and implement procedures to ensure the processes around the new requirements are in compliance with SOX.
- Participate in special projects and company-wide initiatives to ensure potential control and process gaps are being addressed.
- Promote compliance awareness across the organization by establishing and maintaining relationships with key business line and functional stakeholders.
- BS/BA – Finance/Accounting, or Business-related degree.
- CPA (or equivalent) is preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years accounting work experience in an accounting firm or related industry.
- Experience in SOX internal controls and detailed business process expertise required.
- Experience in a public accounting firm; direct client experience in motion picture and related industries preferred.
Critical Success Factors
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC and analytical skills required.
- Self-motivated team player.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."