Finance Rotational Associate Program, Summer 2021-2023
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR21-10114 Apply View Saved Jobs
From Spiderman to Seinfeld, Jumanji to The Good Doctor, Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) boasts one of the most unique and successful portfolios among studios, reaching audiences in over 60 countries.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services, and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.
The SPE Finance Rotational Associate Program is a 24-month program designed to build an understanding of the entertainment industry and develop critical professional skills including creative problem solving, distilling insights from analytics, and cross-functional collaboration. We are looking for 4 exceptional candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, who can get to the heart of an issue and solve underlying business challenges, who have the leadership skills to influence colleagues, and who have the ability to think strategically while implementing pragmatic solutions. This program will begin on June 14, 2021, and last through June 16, 2023, working full-time hours with the potential of joining the team in a permanent role prior to its conclusion.
Participants in the program will work across multiple divisions of SPE. They will have the opportunity to gain exposure to various disciplines within finance from planning and forecasting to operational finance processes, to building their network, and to be a part of the highest priority transformation efforts within finance. The program also provides participants with in-depth training and mentorship support to accelerate their development as finance professionals.
Key activities may include:
- Immersing yourself in a business area to develop true expertise and implement opportunities for improvement
- Manipulating and interpreting large data sets and authoring presentation materials with key findings
- Presenting recommendations to executives based on your analyses and a demonstrated understanding of the issues
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, or annual financials or forecasts
- Reviewing processes to improve how finance operates including potentially reducing manual touchpoints and identifying opportunities to introduce automation where appropriate
- Supporting a variety of projects on different teams, potentially simultaneously
To be successful, this individual should:
- Be comfortable finding solutions to complex, ambiguous, and challenging issues
- Work seamlessly across stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable learning new processes and systems in a short timeframe
- Work in an agile way, adjusting priorities, timelines, etc. as things change across projects
- Be curious about what they see and learn – always seeking to make things better
- Roll up their sleeves and tackle whatever issue(s) the organization is grappling with
- BA/BS degree (Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other analytical disciplines preferred)
- Ability to work 40 hours a week throughout the program duration
- Strong PC skills, familiarity with Excel and other Office 365 applications
- Excellent time management, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with financial statement, numbers, and large data sets
- Strategic and pragmatic with the ability to carry an idea through execution
- Self-motivated with high standards and attention to detail, along with a strong work ethic
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate analyses into decisions and actions
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”