Financial Analyst, Motion Picture Finance- Labels/ OH
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-10599 Apply View Saved Jobs
Financial Analyst - Motion Picture Finance -Labels/OH
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services, and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies, and distribution of filmed entertainment worldwide.
Currently, we are seeking a Financial Analyst for our Motion Picture Finance Group in Culver City, CA office. This individual will be responsible, in part, for the Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, and Classics labels and other ad hoc reporting on smaller businesses (approximately 50% of role) and for the forecasting and analyses of Overhead for the Motion Picture Group production labels (approximately 50% of role).
SONY PICTURES ANIMATION, SCREEN GEMS, and CLASSICS (or other labels)
- Assist in maintenance of film models, including monthly cleanup and ensuring latest models are uploaded into financial system for close and Forecast/Budget for Animation, Screen Gems, and Classics (or a mix of other labels)
- Maintain and update label decks for Forecasts and Budget/MRP
- Prepare monthly utilization report for SPA Execs
- Measure FX impact on Revenues and EBIT for Forecast/Budget corporate submission
- Review Film Performance at least quarterly; analyze trends by market as needed
- Analyze quarterly WWD ultimate submission by title for Animation and Screen Gems (and other labels as needed), ensuring completeness and reasonableness
- Prepare Monday Morning Reports for theatrical releases
- Other ad hoc reporting on smaller businesses, such as Music, Merchandise, Airlines; present quarterly reports to management
- Oversee consolidation of overhead for entire MPG division, including Worldwide Theatrical, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions, Imageworks, Studio Operations Group, and Distribution & Content Services
- Prepare detailed Forecast and Budget reconciliations for all divisions for Finance Execs
- Assist in preparation of overhead presentation slides for Forecast and Budget
- Forecast and Budget overhead for 10 label divisions and prepare submissions to Corporate
- Review monthly overhead actuals for material variances and provide explanations to Finance Execs and GFO
- Consolidate monthly overhead reports for distribution to department heads and prepare quarterly detailed overhead decks
- Maintain salary run rate file and org charts for Finance Execs and P&O
- Oversee and approve overhead journal entries as needed (1-2 per month), including monthly Bonus accrual and necessary reclasses
- Perform periodic review of various line item accounts to determine whether cost savings measures are achievable
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- 1 to 2 years work experience preferred
- BS/BA degree with accounting/finance/economics focus required
- CPA and Entertainment experience and SAP/PPT/ESSBASE/Access knowledge are a plus but not required
- Strong MS Excel skills required (Look-ups, pivot tables, macros)
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve; provide innovative solutions to shorten existing processes
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects while working in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Ability to perform tasks with reasonable independence; articulate in expressing issues and potential solutions
- Strong level of communication with management, staff and other lines of business; good interpersonal skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”