Financial Analyst, Participations
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11517 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Audit Analyst is responsible for day-to-day support for SPE titles being audited by third party participants, investors, co-financiers, guilds, and other entities. The work environment is fast-paced. The Analyst would also support litigation requests and perform Participations-related research as requested by various business units. Duties included, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyzing agreements to determine audit rights and scope, reviewing statements and calculations, preparing parameters for initial audit reports to be run the Analyst or CapGemini, reconciling reports to issued statements.
- Work with auditors to provide requested support for selections made from detailed report or pulling additional drilldown reports for further auditor analysis. Perform analysis on follow-up questions, and work with management to answer more complex questions.
- Perform research and analysis on audit claims by running additional reports, expanding scope, or working with the business units to provide more information or detail to clear claims. Set up evaluation templates, and work with management to determine approach to responding to claims.
- Litigation support: running reports, researching data, answering questions.
- Research historical data, analyze statements, and locate documents for various business units.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
BA / BS preferred. Accounting / Finance / Legal a plus.
Understanding of accounting principles and general ledgers; proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, with Excel skills that include pivot tables and V and X lookups; strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to work independently, organize work efficiently, identify and meet deadlines; comfort with multitasking and managing multiple projects; strong logical and analytical skills; comfort working remotely via Teams.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”