Financial Analyst - Pure Flix
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11660 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Financial Analyst will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Financial and Cash Flow Forecasting, General Ledgers, Budgets, and Financial Statements.Generates, reviews, analyzes, and communicates financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets as well as Short and Long Term Forecasts.
- Develop/maintain short and long term budgetary planning and cost management including multi year financial & cash flow forecasts, budgets and mid-range planning
- Build financial models and other spreadsheet tools to analyze key performance indicators, develop company annual budgets and perform ad hoc analyses.
- Work with key stakeholders, departments and team members to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial planning process, assumptions and results.
- Interact with internal and external business partners to remain informed of business challenges and issues that affect our business, including investigating new forecasting and business methodologies.
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to create systems that provide insights for areas of optimization or improvement
- Develop and manage the Original Content Financial green light process.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
● 2-3 years of experience in highly analytical environments (e.g. investment banking, management
consulting, FP&A, strategic planning or business development)
● Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
● Ability to balance long term strategic projects with the tactical day-to-day
● Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work independently
● Ability to be flexible and quickly pivot
● Strategic thinker with a willingness to learn and grow
● Prior experience at a media/entertainment/tech company
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”