Culver City | Req ID: JR22-10126
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
As a Graphics Engineer you will design and implement state-of-the-art rendering features and technologies in areas such as high-performance 3D rendering, 3D image algorithms, as well as visual effects. Additionally, you will help drive and innovate future research into emerging graphics fields, for example hardware raytracing and you will collaborate cross disciplines with artists, designers, and other engineers to deliver high quality graphics features and solutions.
- Design, decide, implement, and test state-of-the-art rendering features and technologies in areas such as high-performance 3D rendering, 3D image algorithms, as well as visual effects
- Develop clean, efficient, and well tested code
- Debug, profile, and optimize CPU and GPU code
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior level engineers
- Research cutting-edge graphics technologies of the future
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as a graphics engineer working with real-time 3D graphics
- Strong 3D math skills – linear algebra, vector/matrix math, quaternions, etc.
- Strong skills in modern C++ 14/17
- Strong graphics debugging and profiling skills
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming and optimization techniques
- Good understanding of low-level CPU / GPU operations and architecture
- Experience working on large code bases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and proactive self-starter, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment
- Passionate about computer graphics and low-level hardware
- Experience with asynchronous compute shaders
- Experience with Vulkan or similar graphics API
- Experience in gaming industry with at least one shipped game as graphics engineer
- Understanding of VR and AR rendering technologies
- Experience with Unreal Engine Graphics pipeline
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.