Operator, Global Security Ops Center
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11095 Apply View Saved Jobs
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) “Operator” is a key member of a team responsible for providing essential service support for all safety, security, and crises impacting Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) facilities, productions, special events, travelers, and personnel on a global scale. Working in a fast-paced and innovative fusion center, Operators are required to possess exceptional analytical and incident management skills. GSOC Operators play an integral role in operational security, facility safety, crisis management, content protection, traveler safety, and overall duty of care, using various security systems and monitoring software to detect and triage critical incidents. Since the GSOC is a 24/7 operation, operators are expected rotate periodically between day, afternoon, and night shifts.
- Dispatching and coordinating response to incidents that occur on company premises and/or sites of special interest (e.g., productions, events, etc.), using the appropriate communication methods and tools. Incidents may include but are not limited to fires, trespassers, duress alarms, or medical emergencies.
- Review, analyze and escalate, as necessary, intelligence data feeds to help mitigate and report threats to company property, employees, and stakeholders. Serve as a key resource for the Global Threat Analysis team (GTA) for both formal and informal requests for research and analytical support related to global events, geopolitical conditions, and country/city/area situational awareness, and travel safety.
- Escalating abnormal conditions involving company infrastructure and/or environmental health and safety to the company’s decision makers and impacted stakeholders.
- Coordinate emergency response and prepare clear and concise communications to security management and other stakeholders during major incidents. Major incidents include, but are not limited to medical, fire, security, and environmental health and safety events.
- Supporting tactical open-source intelligence monitoring efforts during special events, film premieres, production shoots, press junkets, etc.
- Monitor and operate various technical security systems including access control, video management, alarm monitoring, CAD systems, and mass-notification tools, to detect and facilitate the response to potential security/safety issues.
- Partner with GTA and Crisis Management on global traveler security/duty of care efforts, to include producing and sending Travel Advisories, identifying upcoming travelers, and monitoring high risk travel itineraries.
- Support social media threat monitoring—to include monitoring stream creation and customizations to specific areas of interest and specific client needs. Identify, monitor, and provide notifications (as appropriate) for future events with potential impact to SPE business operations, travelers, productions, or events.
- Help produce location risk assessments, talent assessments, crime reports, and incident assessments on a variety of incidents/subjects with potential impact to the safety and security of SPE personnel, business operations, physical assets, and intellectual property.
- Curate and regularly update the global distribution list, location coordinates, and POC databases. These resources include but are not limited to Google Earth KMZ files, Anvil, ISOS, Dataminr, and other social media platforms. Take lead on feature film and TV production location tracking, monitoring, and alerting.
- Help identify and escalate crises by activating the Incident Management Team when appropriate or when instructed to do so by S3 Leadership. Operators will also research, draft and deliver situational briefings during the crisis management process (IMT).
Education, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Business, Emergency Management, Political Science, Criminal Justice, or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 60 words per minute while entering data or information relayed via radio, phone, or alarm monitoring system into a CAD system.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”