IT Desktop Support Analyst
Culver City | Req ID: JR23-10081
Tech/IT/InfoSec at Sony Pictures
Join us in a dynamic fast paced environment focused on delivering value by leveraging an agile framework. In support of our ever evolving film and television businesses, our IT teams leverage the latest technologies and focus on cloud adoption.
Be a part of a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture that focuses on professional development, high performance and growth by leveraging structured programs that include OKRs (stretch for amazing) and modern development planning tools (e.g. competency model). Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- trusted partner
- problem solver
- strategic thinker
- change agent
- effective communicator
The Analyst in the IT Production Services group is responsible for customer support and triage of computer, network and support related problems for SPE. Ensures the effective utilization of information technology, processes, and systems to provide the highest quality of service. Performs analysis and reporting on incident and root-cause technical service issues. Delivers timely and efficient service and maintains high customer satisfaction by attempting to resolve issues on first call. Functions under limited supervision and displays creative, innovative, imaginative problems solving techniques including the development and programming of custom end-user solutions to meet business need. Defines and uses understanding of customer requirements and department processes to deliver and maintain outstanding customer service.
- Under limited supervision, functions as the customer’s second level support for desktop hardware and software.
- Uses personal discretion and independent judgment with knowledge of various desktop operating systems, programming utilities and software components to analyze and resolve desktop/software problems.
- Assist with adding or removing a variety of desktop hardware devices and/or software functionality.
- Acts as a focal point for problem escalations to management as appropriate.
- Provide management with various metrics reports such as network outages and service disruptions
- Works with the Production Services’ user base to define requirements and utilizes the PSTS Service Catalog to provide solutions.
- Work on special projects as necessary, including testing, and deploying/ installing new hardware and software SPE wide.
- Provide training to customers via MS Teams, remote tools, etc. on use of hardware/software and provide recommendations to management for customer service performance improvement.
- Assisting in managing and prioritizing the ITPS Service – Now Incident queues.
- Enter resolution information regarding hardware and/or software issues into call management/ problem tracking system.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that resolution is satisfactory.
- Monitor progress on open tickets in the system and escalate any unresolved issues to management.
- Assist in other Client Services areas during peak periods staff shortages, incidents backlogs and projects
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or relative certifications preferred
- 3 years employment in the IT industry working in a complex global infrastructure environment.
- 2 years experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.
- Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in both Macintosh OSX and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of Mobile technologies including iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android devices.
- Has basic Project Management and organization experience to help lead internal ITPS projects.
- Eagerness to learn and implement new skill sets
- Effective customer services skillset to be able to onboard, support and effectively communicate with various PSTS clients.
- Possesses a good working knowledge of all common technical platforms.
- Strong service orientation and focus.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of continuous process improvement methodologies and customer satisfaction measurement practices.
- Has above-average, creative, intellectual, imaginative and original problem-solving skills and able to implement solutions for moderate to difficult software/hardware problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and deal with change both internal and external to the organization.
- Has the ability to work independently under limited supervision to accomplish small tasks that require coordination between multiple departments and people
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Sony Pictures is the powerhouse behind some of the world’s most beloved films and television. Peek behind the curtain and watch this video to see what it’s like to work with us.