Manager, Business Partnerships
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11624 Apply View Saved Jobs
Manager, Datasolutions Business Partners
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a curious, analytical, and collaborative individual to join our Business Partnerships team to shape the analytics practice and develop long-lasting business partnerships across the studio.
At Sony Pictures our mission is to produce beloved Films and TV series and distribute it to audiences across transactional, subscription, and linear viewing platforms. Our content includes franchises such as Spiderman, Jumanji, Ghostbusters, Breaking Bad, Seinfeld, and the biggest Anime IPs.
Our team is responsible for bringing analytical action to millions of consumer datapoints to understand our audiences’ preferences and behaviors and drive insight-based business decisions to empower growth across the studio. This entails crafting the best in-class audience and content analyses, consumer trends prediction systems, recommendation modeling and more.
In this position, the Manager will be a thought-leader to partners across our studio, frame strategic analyses, collaborate with our advanced analytics team to bring the data to life. Our ultimate goal is to develop the analytics-driven stories that enable growth across our studio’s production labels and brands, marketing teams, and sales distribution teams.
Who are you?
You are eager to learn about the different commercial teams across Sony Pictures, understand their business models, and have a strong analytics background to be a collaborative thought leader that infuses analytics into business decision-making.
You understand how to frame and organize analytical initiatives, develop and manage project scopes and deliverables, and have the ability to synthesis complex analyses into simple and cohesive stories or recommendations to help drive business decision-making.
Finally, you want to grow your analytical and story-telling skills, learn about the entertainment business, and develop lasting relationships with key partners across the studio…and we’re here every step of the way to coach you to the next level!
What will you do?
You will work with business stakeholders across the studio and collaborate with Data Managers, Data Scientists, and our Advanced Analytics teams to do the following:
Partnership and Relationship Management
- Learn about the various studios business models, processes, and goals
- Cultivate relationships across the studios to uncover analytical business needs
- Help frame analytics to arrive at recommendations to cater to our stakeholders
- Collaborate to create project scopes and manage project roadmaps
- Continually engage stakeholders to drive adoption, interpret and translate analytics in the voice of the commercial teams, and maintain further business analytical needs
- Understand and be an advocate for our suite of analytical products and services
- Analyze and deliver audience insights, recommendations, and action plans relating to our Films and TV Series, Distribution Clients, Audience Marketing, and Production Labels
- Deliver compelling visuals and story-telling analytics to business stakeholders that will impact their decision-making
- Support marketing teams, sales distribution, production, and or branded labels through analytics that uncovers audience preferences and behaviors across our titles
- Infuse data decision making in current SPE planning processes by understanding current processes and where consumer data can add value
- Deliver findings via presentations and facilitate discussions with stakeholders to drive sales distribution, produce the best content, and identify the highest potential audiences of consumer our content
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively partner and collaborate with cross-divisional functions and external partners
- Understanding of analytics with ability to translate business objectives into data and analytical requirements
- Ability to learn new business models and how the analytics can impact business levers
- Skilled in strategic analyses, analytic modeling, and creating business frameworks
- Know how to navigate various datasets (social media, set-top box, direct-to-consumer, industry research, etc.) and pick-up what variables matters!
- Ability to draw well-integrated conclusions and tell a cohesive story through models and presentations
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and deliverables
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau (or Periscope) skills
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, and presentation abilities
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in strategy or management consulting or an analytics-based position.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or MBA in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or similar degree from an accredited university
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”