Manager, Distribution Strategy - Content Acquisition
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10476 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Television Distribution is one of the television industry’s leading content providers. It distributes programming in every genre, including TV series, telefilms and theatrical features around the world and for every platform: broadcast and cable television, first-run and off-network syndication and digital distribution.
The primary goal of the Manager is to help support efforts to maximize television revenue from TV content and Films from across all of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s (SPE) production units. This is a key supporting role, touching on many aspects of the television business and is an integral part of a multi-billion-dollar sales organization. The role requires a strong self-starter with solid interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships among multiple groups including Production, Marketing, Finance, and Operations. The position requires the ability to quickly maneuver through and analyze relevant sales systems/data to compile and create reports and information towards supporting product information and decision-making needs.
Distribution Sales Strategy
- Support efforts to grow revenue and profit for both current and library films.
- Create and analyze sales reports to derive key takeaways about product performance.
- Work closely with local territory Sales and Sales Planners to gain a deep knowledge of key territories as it relates to windowing rules, existing output/volume deals and other market nuances that may impact sales.
- Create tools and templates to support the process of gathering territory information.
- Create a detailed summary of existing deals and analyze use of capacity for each product type.
- Review sales budgets and help ensure that targets are met.
- Review and redefine distribution processes in order to remove bottlenecks and improve results
- Provide ad hoc sales updates to content owners.
- Model financial scenarios for acquisitions / co-productions.
- Help to evaluate creative materials for new productions and estimate product value.
- Help provide insights during licensing negotiations to ensure that financial and strategic goals are achieved.
- Help create pitch documents for new shows and work with the sales and marketing teams on positioning.
- Support the team as the centralized source of product information for sales team around the world.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance or Economics.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required, particularly Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas) and comfort learning new systems.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical position, ideally in content distribution, with investment banking or management consulting background.
- Previous work with database systems and statistical analysis a plus.
- Dedicated and resourceful individual who is interested in continuously learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas.
- Ability to think strategically and be proactive in improving processes.
- Ability to navigate systems, financial models and complex legal agreements, as well as creative documents.
- Exceptional analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to propose creative solutions to problems and reimagine processes.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficient at establishing relationships with cross-functional peers.
- An overall passion for films and television content.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."