Manager, Finance Transformation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR19-11728 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services, and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture distribution, television programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies, and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 67 countries.
The Finance Transformation team works on strategic initiatives which enable the business to evolve and meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry. We partner with various departments to define the finance vision, enhance finance applications, and streamline finance processes across the studio. The Finance Transformation team is home to change agents, innovators, and leaders. It’s a team where you can apply your business, financial, and technological expertise, interact with senior executives, and contribute to the Finance organization’s strategic direction.
The Finance Transformation team is looking for a Manager who will support the end-to-end implementation of a model-driven, financial planning system that is used to create and review financial plans/forecasts and to perform scenario analyses that inform strategic decisions. The ideal candidate is an analytical, people-oriented, problem-solver with a proven track record of delivering complex solutions in ambiguous, fast-paced environments.
- Gain understanding of company’s current planning landscape including key processes, workflows, models, and business drivers
- Solicit business requirements from Finance stakeholders and translate into user stories, test cases, and acceptance criteria
- Create and maintain functional and design specifications using wireframes, models, and other methods as necessary
- Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end-to-end solution delivery
- Create and maintain training documentation for end users and conduct training sessions/demos for on-going knowledge transfer and user adoption
- Build and maintain financial models and templates to support key planning processes and activities
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to uncover insights and solutions
- Support broader Finance Transformation team initiatives as needed
- 2+ years experience in management consulting, investment banking, or strategic/analytical role at media and entertainment company (i.e. strategy, business development, FP&A, etc..)
- Excellent financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Demonstratable experience in product development, project management, and/or system implementations
- Film and/or television industry experience, including understanding of film/television finance strongly desired
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface and influence effectively at all levels of an organization
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) is nice to have
- Familiarity with agile methodology and tools (i.e. Jira)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."