Manager, Finance Transformation
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11577 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services, and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture distribution, television programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies, and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 67 countries.
The Finance Transformation team works on strategic finance initiatives which enable the business to evolve and meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry. We partner with various departments to define the finance vision, enhance finance applications, and streamline finance processes across the studio. The Finance Transformation team is home to change agents, innovators, and leaders. It’s a team where you can apply your business, financial, and technological expertise, interact with senior executives, and contribute to the Finance organization’s strategic direction.
The Finance Transformation team is looking for a Manager who is a Jill/Jack of all trades and can help drive critical activities across a portfolio of transformation initiatives. The ideal candidate is an independent, analytical, people-oriented, problem-solver who thrives when tackling ambiguous problems.
Responsibilities will vary over time but may include:
- Dive in and support different finance leaders and project teams – getting up to speed quickly on the issue at hand and business being supported
- Work directly with key stakeholders from Analysts to CFO’s to understand root causes to issues
- Proactively develop and recommend solutions that improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the organization
- Build out and execute against action plans in partnership with team members and business stakeholders – drive initiatives through to completion and end results
- Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end-to-end solution delivery
- Coordinate across projects and global stakeholder to clarify dependencies and facilitate communication
- Build financial models and distill insights and implications from analyses
- 5+ years of experience in one of the following fields of accounting, financial planning, management consulting, investment banking, or other strategic/analytical functions (i.e., strategy, business development, etc.). Entertainment or media experience preferred but not required.
- Passion to solve problems and drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Excellent financial analysis skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Demonstrable experience in project management, improving business processes, or implementing applications, preferably financial in nature.
- Self-starting and able to work effectively with limited guidance day to day
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to generate and deliver presentations to facilitate and influence decision-making at all levels of an organization
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred; familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) and agile project management tools (i.e., Jira) is nice to have
- MBA from a top tier school preferred but not required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”