Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Funimation)
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10450 Apply View Saved Jobs
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Looking for a Manager of FP&A to be part of finance group that handles budget, forecast and mid-range planning as well as strategic analysis and content valuation. The individual will work cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Funimation into financial decisions. Focusing on strategy & analysis in order to evaluate business performance and partnering closely with the senior leadership of Funimation who depend heavily on the strategic insights in order to make critical business decisions across the company.
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis in high growth business
- Conduct analysis of key business/financial drivers, performance indicators, internal development efforts, industry trends, competitive landscape and other defined assumptions to provide value-added inputs to help decision making in executing strategy
- Develop and maintain long-term company financial model, perform sensitivity analysis, build scenario cases for strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, capital allocation, and cash management; including:
- Analyzing content pro-forma scenarios, valuation analyses and overall investment strategies, each supported by data metrics and milestones
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to operational strategic goals, identification of opportunities and mitigate risks and collaborate with senior management to set KPIs
- Efficiently work with cross-functional teams to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Develop and oversee monthly financial and operational reporting deck for the board and senior management
- Be an integral part of the Finance team and help structure/improve Finance processes
- Create process or system in order to compile data from various sources & developing complete post-mortem analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement
- Lead projects to completion or work cross-functionally with other groups globally including but not limited to Product/Technology, Marketing, Business development & Intelligence, operation/production, etc
- Assist in providing insightful analyses, reports and presentations on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior executives to influence decision-making
- 6+ years of experience in business development, management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, and/or media/entertainment/tech company
- Prior experience in Digital Media/Entertainment (Financial Ultimates) is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Understanding of digital platforms and content strategy in the digital space is a plus
- High proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint with excellent modeling skill
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- Highly analytical and strong, effective communicator
- Critical thinking & demonstrated experience in problem solving, making decisions influenced by business insights and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data utilizing financial modeling
- Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
- Think outside the box & challenge status quo when required by highlighting new trends, improving existing processes or are open to sourcing those ideas from others
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Team player, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business
- Adept at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
- Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
- Possess a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."