Manager, Media Events & Talent Relations, TV
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR20-10009 Apply View Saved Jobs
ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 24 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
The Manager of Talent Relations will be responsible for the following areas:
- Tracking and monitoring relevant information/news relating to key talent;
- Coordination and dissemination of internal emails to executives regarding important events and issues relating to talent;
- Overseeing, coordinating and drafting executive emails/personal notes to be sent to talent for individual accomplishments and events, including:
- Commencement of production;
- Premiere dates;
- Series/subsequent season pickups;
- Awards nominations/wins;
- Closing of deals involving talent
- Tracking talent birthdays, weddings, births and other significant personal milestones;
- Coordination and dissemination to executives of talent, agendas and other relevant information for important talent events;
- Collection of and overseeing database for talent bias for use by executives;
- Providing information on talent to executives in preparation for important talent meetings, lunches and dinners.
- Planning, coordination and execution of major talent events, including:
- Talent/EP Dinners
- Premiere Parties
- Holiday soiree with Press/Execs;
- Special events pertaining to series (e.g., 7 days out screenings);
- Coordination and execution of laudatory events for series (e.g., coffee carts on first day of production);
- Planning, coordination and execution of personal talent meetings/lunches/dinners;
- Oversight of Emmy planning and ticket distribution;
- Oversight and coordination of industry parties (e.g., ensure appropriate executives are aware/invited/recognized);
- Providing executive concierge services with restaurant and hotel information/suggestions/reservations for business meetings, lunches and dinners.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in talent/media/events
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter and able to work in an extremely fast-paced and high volume environment
- Abilities to interface with all levels of executives, talent and media
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
"The people are terrific. Our colleagues are bright, kind, warm, thoughtful, passionate and collaborative."