Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11568 Apply View Saved Jobs
The SPE Media Manager is accountable for creating best-in-class, strategic and integrated media campaigns for Sony Pictures film releases across theatrical and home entertainment. This individual will work closely with their respective Media Director and VP in campaign development, execution, creative ideation, in-house/agency communications, and the onboarding of new technology and processes.
The expectation for the Media Manager is that they will have an intimate holistic knowledge of their assigned Media Campaigns, and because of this, they will be able to support the Director of Media across every element of each campaign. This includes working in collaboration with the internal media team, the internal performance media group, cross-functional marketing teams, the media agency and outside third parties, including publishers, networks, promotional outlets, audience platforms, and data & technology partners.
In addition, they will be responsible for funneling daily feedback and insights to the media agency, providing campaign performance reporting and analysis, managing film budgets, working alongside Operations to incorporate creative rotations, and implementing daily campaign optimization recommendations.
30% 1. MEDIA PLAN EXECUTION: Manage the comprehensive media plan and creative deliverables (including digital, broadcast, radio, OOH, etc) to make sure they are planned and delivered based on given strategy parameters and are executed and optimized throughout the life of the campaign. Occasionally conduct formal presentations on media campaign strategies and tactics to senior management and internal marketing teams.
25% 2. CAMPAIGN REPORTING: Work with the agency and performance media group to analyze digital media plan reporting on a regular basis and communicate findings to the Media team as well as other internal marketing teams (Creative, Digital Marketing, Research, etc.).
15% 3. AGENCY RELATIONSHIP: Collaborate with the media agency by participating in regular planning sessions, sharing research and relevant film updates, conducting brainstorm sessions, providing feedback on each campaign’s media plan, and helping manage deliverable and deadline expectations.
10% 4. CAMPAIGN STRATEGY: Develop integrated campaign strategy (including target audience, flighting, data strategy, etc.) and identify media partnerships and custom promotional ideas that deliver against defined parameters across the full life cycle of a film (from theatrical all the way through home entertainment).
10% 5. COLLABORATION WITH GREATER MARKETING ORGANIZATION: Build cohesion between all of the groups within the Sony Pictures Marketing department. This includes working with brand, publicity, creative, research, etc. to ensure strategic alignment. For example, being able to collaborate, ideate, and communicate with groups that are not experts in Media to create large-scale cross-departmental activations.
10% 6. OTHER PROJECTS/MISC.: Develop and present other projects specifically for the greater media and marketing organization. In addition to various projects, create visually impressive presentation decks, draft media briefs, create POVs, pulling competitive, oversee and update campaign budgets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- 2-4 years of holistic media planning and buying across all channels including Digital, Television, Radio, OOH, etc.
- Media Math including GRPs/TRPs, CPMs, CPCs, CPVs, CPEs and Reach/Frequency
- Agency and/or Studio experience a plus
- Experience in theatrical and home entertainment marketing a plus
- Partner/Publisher landscape including the following categories: Network, Cable, Endemic, Sports, Social, Video, Programmatic, Search, Display, OTT/FEP, Connected TV, etc.
- Previous exposure to top-level upfront buying strategies and negotiation tactics
- Audience measurement methodologies by media type (across Television, Digital, Radio, Outdoor, Connected Devices, etc.)
- Reporting Tools including iSpot, ComScore, Datorama, DoubleClick, Facebook Insights, Google/YouTube Analytics is a plus
- Third party ad verification partners to monitor and optimize media (i.e.: IAS, MOAT, DoubleVerify) is a plus
- Big data and advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions, data management platforms, and audience buying platforms
- Self-starter with high level of initiative and ability to prioritize/juggle various initiatives
- Passionate, committed with a high level of energy
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Excellent written, oral communication, and effective team building skills Strong presentation skills and ability to confidently communicate key points/learnings to audiences with various levels of media proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) Must have an open communication style which takes into account managing expectations with multiple stakeholders
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Having a genuine love and passion for entertainment marketing and being an avid consumer of various media types and content
- Analyze, interpret, and apply data to improve media performance to positively impact box office, home entertainment sales, and (depending on the project) television ratings results
- Manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strategically think and apply high attention to detail
- Think outside the box and create compelling stories to connect consumers to entertainment brands
- Work collaboratively and enthusiastically in a team environment
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”