Manager, Payroll Operations
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11699 Apply View Saved Jobs
Manage team that oversees the day-to-day process of paying all employees of Sony Pictures Entertainment. This includes but is not limited to overseeing the process by which employee indicative data is interfaced and audited in the payroll systems as well as management of the time tracking and hours to gross calculation process. The manager is also responsible for the open and closing of all payrolls in UKG Pro. The manager must be able to cover the duties of team members when necessary and will work as a SME on systems related initiatives.
- Manage processing of all workday employee indicative data changes and payroll input employee changes including but not limited to hiring, termination, pay rate changes, job changes, default labor changes, hierarchy changes, banking updates, and tax elections.
- Oversee employee data compare process form Workday to UKG Pro/UTA.
- Manage processing of timecards and hours to gross payments. This includes time tracking, time off tracking, labor splitting, and any retro changes in UTA as well as the processing of exporting and validating the data once per week.
- Owns processing a controls of manual and exception payments being processed using the GOAT template uploaded to UKG Pro.
- Owns SOX Control process
- Special Projects (including but not limited to contract changes, process changes, audit, etc.)
- Education: BA/BS degree
- Candidate must have 7-10 years of related experience
- Technically proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel), HCM systems experience a plus, Payroll or HR experience a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”