Manager, Procurement Operations
Culver City , CaliforniaREQ ID JR22-11173 Apply View Saved Jobs
Sony Pictures Entertainment Procurement is a dynamic and key contributor across the studio and comprises the following teams: Sourcing, Procurement, Alliances, and Travel. All teams collaborate to help guide the businesses to preferred strategic suppliers and/or established buying channels to drive compliance to procurement and business strategies. This department is full of fast-paced, highly energetic individuals that thrive on making a difference to the company.
The Procurement Operations team is seeking a Manager, Procurement Operations to lead and support several procurement functions including tools optimization, expansion and adoption to preferred suppliers and catalogs, training, and awareness to systems, processes, and policy.
The Manager, Procurement Operations reports to the Exec. Director, Procurement Operations. The position will be instrumental in achieving our vision of delivering a Business to Consumer buying experience to SPE employees through intuitive tools, streamlined processes and ongoing stakeholder engagement.
The Position (Job Responsibilities):
The Manager, Procurement Operations responsibilities will include:
- Delivering and providing ongoing maintenance of various catalogs and content within SPEs e-procurement solution (Ariba on Demand – AOD)
- Partnering with Category Teams on numerous projects and providing support as needed to ensure downstream procurement activities are aligned to category strategies
- Analyzing data and purchasing trends to develop recommendations for new catalogs, commodities, and preferred suppliers
- Supporting the enablement of buying channel strategies and seeking new opportunities to continuously improve a simplified user experience for employees who make purchases and pay for goods and services
- Maintaining a high-level knowledge of AOD, new features available, and any functionality releases provided by Ariba
- Liaising with the Information Technology team to prioritize and develop business requirements for new features and enhancements based on solution knowledge, business needs, and stakeholder feedback
- Leading the development and maintenance of communication plans, process documentation, and training materials as it pertains to the overall buying experience
- Normalizing and governing content on an ongoing basis to ensure optimum usability and intuitiveness
- Develop and present materials for various meetings
- From time to time, answering employee questions related to the procurement process, policy, and navigating AOD
The candidate must have:
- 3-5 years of functional experience in Source-to-Pay processes and systems
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in working with e-procurement solutions
- A clear understanding of the end-to-end Source to Pay Lifecycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in administering procurement content (catalogs, contracts, rate cards) for cloud technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Collaborative, open-minded, and proactive mentality
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity and ingenuity in problem-solving and innovating
- Willingness to take the initiative and take on new challenges
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
The candidate would ideally have:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using Ariba On Demand or other purchasing solutions (e.g., Coupa)
- Comfort with presenting to multiple levels of an organization and tailoring content appropriately, including the development of PowerPoint presentations
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
Why We Love Sony PicturesAdam Herr Miami
“There is no such thing as a typical day. That's one of the aspects that makes the job so fun and engaging. Every day there are new projects, new problems to solve, new meetings, new people to work with and new things to learn.”